Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Hard drive installation effects Program and bootup Style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hospa80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: New Hard drive installation effects Program and bootup Style Reply with quote

The best of season to all,

I am wondering if anyone could have experienced new hard drive installation, and its effects on bootup.
I learned some information by reading:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22923&highlight=hard+drive
which was very useful. Thanks to the publisher.

However it is not clear to me why I encounter this problem. Here is what I have done:
I wanted to install a hard drive for my Korg pa80 (OS of 3.06). My Keyboard has still all the factory settings, performances, Styles, etc. I have not changed anything on it.
1- I installed a new HD and formatted it by the Korg Formatting program.
2- I removed the HD, and connected it to my computer. I have a CD full of my favorite styles. I copied all the contents of that CD onto the newly formatted HD. Now on the HD, there are a whole bunch of folders (directories) which contains several other directories, files, styles, etc.
3- I placed that HD back into Korg Pa80.
4- Turned the Pa80 on.

Here are the problems I see:
A- Pressing any key wouldn't make any sound. I have to select a Style first, then the keyboard comes to life.
B- When I press Program, and select say bank of Piano, I see with great surprise a whole bunch of stuff that I have no idea where they came from. (If they are loaded automatically off the HD, which folder they are coming from. And How can I disable that. I prefer to see the factory settings when I turn on the keyboard).
C- The 5 pedal foot switch (Connected to EC5) does not function. I can go to Global settings and assign functions to each switch, but I don't understand why installing a HD changes every settings.

So I thought to reinstall the OS off the floppy. That didn't restore the factory settings.

I am wondering if anybody could help me resolve this. Basically I want to have the factory settings (Programs, styles, STS, etc) when I turn the pa80 on. Then I like to manually load styles off the HD by myself.

Thanks to everyone reading my rather long story. I appreciate any feed back. Wish you all the best,
Smile

Hospa80
Dec 30, 2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: