Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA Oasys Software released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: KARMA Oasys Software released! Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I'm happy to announce that KARMA Oasys Software has now been released and is available to be purchased:

Karma-Lab Online Store

If you're not aware of what KARMA Oasys Software is, one of the main things it does is let you create your own GEs and fill up all those User GE Slots that Korg put in the 1.3 update. More Details on what the program does:

KARMA Oasys Software Page

Although I have mentioned elsewhere that I was planning to release this with somewhat unfinished documentation, it really came together in the last week, I busted hump on the documentation, the reference manual (360+ pages) is about 90% there. If I were to wait until every until every chapter in the manual (and there are about 73 of them) was perfect, it would take another few weeks or a month, what with Christmas in there and some other things I have to get on. I can't imagine it will present much of a problem for anyone, all the important stuff is in there, and if you have questions, I'll be here. I'll release the fully completed documentation as soon as it's ready.

And if you'd like to take a look at the documentation and tutorials without buying the program, they're available here:

KARMA Oasys Documentation Page

Also, I'd like to mention that there is a discount of $50 for anyone who owns my previous software programs KARMA MW or KARMA Triton.

Previous Owners Discount Details

==================================================

PS: I apologize for not being around here much in the last 3 months or so; this is the reason why. It became imperative for me to tighten my focus or this would never get done - and I have more than enough trying to just pay attention to my own forums. But I hope to be paying more attention in the future.

And now, a well deserved nip (at about 5 am)...

I look forward to hearing what you think of the program. Smile

Last edited by StephenKay on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great! as soon as i get my mac, i'll get KO !! Cool
sebbytriton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
great! as soon as i get my mac, i'll get KO !! Cool

And you will be KO !!!!!!!!!!

Big congratulation to stephen, the 50 hours a day man Smile
jgsidak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my OASYS in November 2006 from Sweetwater. Is there an quick way to tell which Karma upgrades are not already on the machine (other than the upgrade you have just announce, obviously)? Thanks.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be confusing what I'm saying. I not only design the KARMA function in the OASYS, I also offer my own software PC/Mac enhancements, that allow you to edit the KARMA function in additional ways not possible on the keyboard. You have every KARMA enhancement in your O that is available. This is not about something that goes inside the OASYS per se. This is something else. It doesn't go inside the OASYS. Click on the links above if you are interested. Thanks!

jgsidak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I realized that I misspoke after I sent my message. I plan to get your new software for my Windows-based PC. But I wanted to make sure that I had not neglected to update anything on the Oasys itself since the time I bought it last year.

I would love to have a seamless program that enables me to produce musical notation from the MIDI data for my songs in the Oasys. So far, I understand that my options are to use something like Sibelius. Do you have advice or any product like this in the works?

Thanks
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgsidak wrote:
would love to have a seamless program that enables me to produce musical notation from the MIDI data for my songs in the Oasys. So far, I understand that my options are to use something like Sibelius. Do you have advice or any product like this in the works?
No, I think that's pretty much your options: to use one of the commercially available scoring programs, and export your OASYS files as Standard MIDI Data format, then import into the program.

jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgsidak wrote:
Yes, I realized that I misspoke after I sent my message. I plan to get your new software for my Windows-based PC. But I wanted to make sure that I had not neglected to update anything on the Oasys itself since the time I bought it last year.
Thanks

Then be sure you have updated to the current OS, 1.3.1. With 1.3 a number of new and cool KARMA enhancement were added!

Regards,

Jerry
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you recommend PC or MAC for this? I would have to get a new computer for this anyway as I won't run such software on my office-laptop (which is XP). Confused
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Mac always. Actually, the program is developed on a Mac, and looks/works great in Leopard (the latest OS Apple is shipping on new computers). And if you don't mind making the switch, you'll be happier with the Mac overall.

Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used to work on Macs for many years but due to business I had to switch. I'm looking forward to working on a Mac again and will get one! Very Happy
JamesD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgsidak wrote:

I would love to have a seamless program that enables me to produce musical notation from the MIDI data for my songs in the Oasys. So far, I understand that my options are to use something like Sibelius. Do you have advice or any product like this in the works?

Thanks

The Sibelius/Oasys combi work great for me as I write to score first away from the keyboard. MIDI is created on Sibelius and imported into OASYS where it is produced with the luscious Oasys and Karma sounds.

O88 Serial 1088
Derm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
I recommend Mac always. Actually, the program is developed on a Mac, and looks/works great in Leopard (the latest OS Apple is shipping on new computers). And if you don't mind making the switch, you'll be happier with the Mac overall.

Congratulations on your release. Mmm, that glass of white looks nice & cool Cool
By using a pc with KO, is functionality impaired in any way?
Regards
Derm
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derm wrote:

Functionally both Mac and PC versions are the same. That was certainly true of Karma MW which I used first on the PC and then on the Mac.

Daz.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derm wrote:
Nope, not at all. It's 100% identical. It's just that the operation of certain GUI widgets, menus etc. may seem slightly (and I mean very slightly) "strange" to long-time Windows users, since they operate in a Mac-like fashion. There are subtle differences between the way software operates in the Mac vs. Windows, and since this is designed on a Mac, it follows the Mac conventions. But you may not even notice what I'm talking about, I don't receive many comments about it. Happy New Year! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: