Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50...Fantom X6 Akai2Xl connection?????? How to connect??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beniebeatz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: X50...Fantom X6 Akai2Xl connection?????? How to connect?? Reply with quote

I just got my Korg X50 and not really sure what it does but i will learn...
But i also have a Fantom X6 and an Akai2xl and connected to a Lexicon Omega....

My question is....how do i connect the X50 to the Fantomx or to the Akai2xl and record and use da sounds of the x50? i dont understand how a synth workz...i just got it for christmas randomly....help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to connect them...carefully.

There is no substitute for learning how they work for yourself. There are many different ways to hook them up.

The simplest would be to hook up the USB cables between the computer and each of the keyboards, then install the USB-midi drivers on the computer. Then only hookup the L+R audio outs of each keyboard to separate inputs of the Omega for recording. That works if you're using the computer as the master sequencer and recorder, but not if you intend to use the Fantom for those purposes, in which case you'd need to hook the midi IN of the X50 to the midi OUT of the Fantom and the same for the L+R audio between the two keyboards.

You've got a lot of power within these fine pieces of gear, so have fun exploring the possibilities. Don't feel overwhelmed - just look at it as a fun puzzle with a lot of musical rewards as you get the pieces into place.
Beniebeatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man i really appreciate that reply man...sorry i got to it late but i was on vacation...but im getting it together for the most part...i know there are alot of possibilities but ima lil slow on da technical side....but music is nice...thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: