Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horrible unknown problem...advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imcholly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Horrible unknown problem...advice? Reply with quote

My Korg Triton Pro-X 88 has been having this horrible problem for a long time, although sometimes for brief moments it works properly again. I have no idea why it starts to work again, or why it stops. The problem is kind of hard to describe, so I will try to use several examples.

Basically, when I am in any mode that includes multiple options, all of these options are rapidly cycled and nothing can be selected.
EXAMPLE 1: I am in sequencer mode and wish to select an instrument for channel 1, it will rapidly cycle through various instruments and there is no stopping it.
Example 2: I am in global mode, master tune, and it is rapidly cycling through the whole range, bending the pitch constantly. If I try to type in 00 it will automatically revert back to cycling.
EXAMPLE 3: I cannot use the tab in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It just flashes the menu for a brief partial second and disappears. Therefore, this also causes it to be impossible to load the factory settings from the floppy disks because you need to use the load tab.

I suspect this problem is related to the value slider because when I have it all the way down, it stops cycling, however it is still impossible to select anything other than the option it has chosen.

I have tried reseting it by holding zero + enter while powering on. I have tried to reinstall the factory settings from my floppy drives during one of the times it worked temporarily. I have recalibrated the touch screen. I have unplugged everything, re-plugged, etc... Since none of these things stopped it, I am not sure what else to do, besides take it to a servicing shop.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that the up key or the dial are in some way sticky, If you are brave and you want to open your triton (it's not difficult but you'll need to pay some attentions) maybe you can fix it by yourself. Another option is the korg assistance...
regards, Lorenzo
Marc
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately sounds like a stuck key.

Marc
imcholly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies. I agree that something is definitely stuck, but how to undo this? Perhaps a slider or knob of some sort was askew while it was loading/booting up, and now it is stuck that way forever... If I were to open it up, what would I be looking for in order to fix?

Laura
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to look at the contacts of the up down button (see if the "random" scrolling goes forwards or backwards) and the dial... one of the three contacts can be sticky...
kicker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Hi imcholly -- I would wager to say it's the value slider -- I had the same problem on my brand new T3 when they first came out years ago -- Until I actually got it fixed years later when I replaced some other buttons I just never used the value slider -- When the unit is OFF put it to the lowest position and don't touch it, worked for me with the T3, won't hurt to try it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: