Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity pan control problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrw1295

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Trinity pan control problem Reply with quote

When I start a new song, the pan controls work. After recording, the pan controls do not work. I have tried erasing cc#10. No change. I can't make any changes to pan settings in either record or playback mode. So, in a nutshell, pan controls function in any new song, but once something is recorded on a track, the pan controls do nothing, even though they move through all positions from off to program. Crying or Very sad
Bazz02

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean
1.When you press seq button and enter song page you can move
the pan control and hear the result.
But when you record the pan movement in a song and play back
the pan control moves but no result.
Check controllers page in song mode make sure pan is ticked.
I thought it might be an output problem.Sometimes outs 1&2 sum
themselves to mono (Board fault)but if you hear pan movement
then its not the outputs.

Cheers Barry
jrw1295

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Trinity pan control problem Reply with quote

You understand the problem perfectly. If the problem were mechanical, I think it would present itself on all of my Trinity keyboads, but it does the same thing on all of them

Problem is, I cannot find a page for controllers or a place to tick pan on or off.

Can you give me a step-by-step description of how to find this page? I presume that I would start in the Sequencer, but then what?

Thanks for your help.
jrw1295

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Trinity pan control problem Reply with quote

OK. I figured out what's going on, but I don't think I like it. I have insert effects on all 16 tracks. The pan control in the effect on Page 7 overrides the pan contol beneath the track on Page 1. That means that I have only 8 possible pan controls unless I disable the effects on a track to get seperate control

If you know of any other way to have an effect assigned while still maintaining individual track control, please let me know. Otherwise, it appears that I will have to assign my effects carefully, and have only eight pan possiblities in the mix.
EddyDeegan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity pan control problem Reply with quote

jrw1295 wrote:
OK. I figured out what's going on, but I don't think I like it. I have insert effects on all 16 tracks. The pan control in the effect on Page 7 overrides the pan contol beneath the track on Page 1. That means that I have only 8 possible pan controls unless I disable the effects on a track to get seperate control

If you know of any other way to have an effect assigned while still maintaining individual track control, please let me know. Otherwise, it appears that I will have to assign my effects carefully, and have only eight pan possiblities in the mix.

This brings back memories. Yes, once you use insert effects, the pan control on P1 doesn't work. I assume you are sharing insert effects across multiple tracks to get 16 insert-effected tracks?

I have a feeling that you will have to remove the insert effect assignment from a track to return control back to the P1 control. I have a feeling this is because the control on P1 doesn't 'know' about the insert effect (it's 'pre-effect') and pan means difference things to difference effects, so the P7 effect will override it as it comes later in the virtual signal chain.

I do remember running into this issue myself, although in my case it wasn't that big a deal as I was able to get around it by using my external hardware multitracker (using the Trinity sequence to create submixes, effectively).

I am in California at the moment so can't test this, but I think it might be possible to have a 'pseudo' pan by modulating a pan setting within a voice with the modulation matrix. Or you could create a voice with 2 oscillators, one left, one right and vary the relative volume of each with a controller (ribbon X or something).

Just a thought!

Eddy Deegan
Bazz02

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Yes,
Inserts.That threw me for a while too when I first got the trinity.
And no theres no workaround.The insert page takes control of the pan
not the effect.But it amounts to the same thing.The only thing you can do is
use master effects on the other tracks at least you have chorus/delay
Reverb etc.or buy a Trinity rack.

Good Luck
barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: