Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Korg workstation to go for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should I get?
Trinity drs (1000 USD)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trinity V3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Triton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Triton PRO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Triton Extreme
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
M3
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Milter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Which Korg workstation to go for? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, just want to trow out a small question that have been bugging me for the last few days.

I've just started as the main synth guy in a "party-band" focusing on 70 disco and some newer stuff like Robbie Williams. I need to provide the synth lines, horns and string sounds. (primary key guy does rhodes, piano, organ etc.)

I have a kurzweil PC1SE witch is very good for most "straight" strings and synths. Actually there are some amazing mellotron in there. I do however need a second board. This will be used for horns and mono synth solos - and this is where i need your help and advice.

I used to own a triton LE, but sold it for VERY BAD keys. The sound and programming interface however konvinced me that Korg is the way for me. Now I need to get a workstation either Trinity, Triton (extreme) or M3 (I see M1 as beeing to old - besides I love the touch).

Now I live in Denmark and it's impossible to find any 61-key Triton (extreme) but I have found a trinity drs, that I can get for around 1000USD incl. a hard case.

My question is will this cover my needs? I need very good brass with a lot of expression features built in. I need very convincing synths with a fat analog sound (I know I cant get the moog sound Cool of this board ). It would be prefered if these sounds where in as a standard program or combi, since I don't have too much time for programming right now.

Should I keep searching for a triton?
Go buy a M3 right away?
Or just grad the trinity?

Hope to get some views from you guys! Idea
Milter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought this would be a discussion Sad

Well, I just went out and bought myself a nice Triton Extreme. Looking forward to recieving it. I'll have to dedicate 3-4 days to go through the patches Razz
Spider PRO stand
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Extreme will serve you well. It offers a huge collection of sounds, and of course you can add the famous MOSS board as well.

Sounds Good
Arctica

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where did you end up finding the Extreme? How many keys?
Milter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it in Germany. on ebay.de. It's got 61 keys, and the guy also gets a MOSS board in stock this week, so I think I'll get that as well.

Now I have no idea if I really need it Cool But seems like people are very satisfied. Now I'm looking for fat analog sounds, I assume the MOSS wil deliver more of that. Any thoughts? Am I completly missing the point of the moss?
Spider PRO stand
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milter wrote:
Now I'm looking for fat analog sounds, I assume the MOSS wil deliver more of that. Any thoughts?

That is exactly why I bought MOSS. It turns your Triton into a virtual Z1 synth. Well worth the money.

Sounds Good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: