Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dumping sequences to pro tools with karma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantazm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: dumping sequences to pro tools with karma Reply with quote

hey guys, i'm new here. i was wondering if someone could help me out with syncing my karma to pro tools. i have seen where people have had the m1 or triton control pro tools so i think the karma can do the same right? i have several bangin sequences that i need to dump from the karma into pro tools but im not exactly a midi genius or even well schooled. can anybody walk me through it or kinda guide me in the right direction please? i'm connected by midisport 2x2. thanks in advance!!!!!
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I don't know if you can do all the dumping at once, but a way that will work for sure is this (even though it's quite long).
Every track on the Karma's sequencer mus be setted on different midi channels and to "external", so the midi data are not routed to the internal tone generator but to the midi output.
in pro tools you set up the same number of tracks "listening" on the same midi channels, armed for recording, and you're nearly done.
now playback the sequence from the karma sequencer and start recordings on protools, and I think you can transfer all your sequences from the karma to protools.
if karma module is properly setted, I think you can record karma generated notes into the sequence, too.

but, excuse me the stupid question...
why don't you save your sequence to the floppy disk as SMF (standard MIDI file) and transfer it to your computer and load the midi into protools? (note that I think in this way you will loose all karma generated notes)

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
phantazm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't even know that you could do something like that. i'm trying to get the songs from my karma sequencer into pro tools just as i have it in my keyboard. i was initially trying to just record it as straight audio into pro tools, but my timing seems to always be off. i can never get a perfect 8 bars. so i was thinking that there is a way to sync the sequencers between the 2 to where everything matches up like i've seen people do with the mpc2000 and hit the sequencer start on the karma to begin the recording process so that everything matches up. i just needed to get the loops into pro tools on time so i can cut and paste out my songs. i will experiment with what you were saying to try this afternoon.

thanks Very Happy
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome, mate!
keep us posted about your results.

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: