Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organize the MicroX's programs by "category"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Organize the MicroX's programs by "category"? Reply with quote

Can anyone suggest an efficient way to organize the MicroX's program list by "category"?

I would much prefer to have my MicroX organized by category because as I am searching for, lets say, a string sound, I can just scroll through the presets one after another (in the Logic Audio patch selection not via the MicroX itself) and hear all the string sounds in a row instead of having to painfully search through all the banks for the string sounds.

I really don't understand why the programs are so randomly organized by default in the MicroX. My MotifRack ES has all the sounds organized by categories and it makes it SO much easier when scrolling through programs via Logic...

for example Bank A would start with all the "keyboard" sounds in a row, then the "organ" sounds then the "bell" sounds... etc..

I realize the keyboard itself has a category button on it for this exact purpose but what does one do when they want to access the programs remotely and not use the USB interface VST? (I'm getting glitchy midi playback via the VST I would much prefer to use my old faithful Emagic AMT8)..

thanks for any advise..
4NDRW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess just chuck it into program mode, use its category button and find the sound you want, write down what number it is

then go back into multi mode, and enter the number into your sequencer.

or you could painfully reorgainse the patches yourself
this would destroy all the preset combinations
not sure if this matters to you or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: