Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help with recording music onto the computer, reply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warmen69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: I need help with recording music onto the computer, reply. Reply with quote

I need to know how to record music onto the computer. I've done it before at a friend's house, he let me use a cable and then recorded it on a program, but I didint know what was what. I dont think it was a midi cable, I believe it was an input cable (the one I have). One end of the cable is an amp/ input size, and the other is computer sized, so I connected them together, and tried a simple mp3 recording program, but it did not work. So what should I do? Can someone give me a guide on how to record music from my keyboard to the computer, and what cheap program to use? Do I need to buy an MIDI cable or can I use the one I have? Thank you.
asdasd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download audacity (google - it's a freeware) and put a cable from the synths output to computer's audio input. you can use regular 1/4" with a head (you can get those heads from many non music store too they cost about 3$ if I remember correctly.)

Hit record button and that's it. just so you know you can't really record midi.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Recorder is built into windows. It records wav files. Wav is better than mp3 for recording and storing because it is a raw format without lossy data compression. You can then use any number of free programs to convert the wav to mp3 for distribution, but be sure to check them out in advance to be sure that they don't contain spyware or viruses. Try download.com.

Yes, you need an audio cable to go from L+R 1/4" audio output to a single stereo 1/8" mini plug (TRS).

You can record midi, but that isn't recording sounds, it's recording musical note data.
4NDRW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i'm getting sick of these threads.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: