Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norm1996

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: pa800 Reply with quote

I'm trying to record pa800 arrnagement stlyes via MIDI into cubase using seperate channels for each component. (ie. Drums, Percussion, Bass, Acc1, Acc2, etc.). I set up the MIDI OUT on the keyboard to send those specific instruments to the assigned channels, but instead, all channels are recording all instruments. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi norm1996,

I use Cakewalk but I think the one possible solution is the same for Cubase. Most software sequencers capture all MIDI events to a single track initially. The channel assignments for individual notes will have been captured. You then select the whole track and use a function like "Split notes to tracks according to MIDI channel). This then assigns the relevant notes and instruments into their respective tracks.

However I think the easiest thing to do is to use the Pa800 to record your complete song (to the sequencer). Then copy the .SMF file it will have created to a USB stick and then import the complete SMF file to Cubase. The tracks will be as you expect.

Best regards,
Rob
adimatis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same problem initially, and the solution that works for sonar does not really apply to cubase.

the solution is to set up the input transformer for each of the 16 tracks to filter out the midi message coming from the keyboard. the first part you did already, i mean the setting for the keyboard to send each accomp track on a separate midi channel.
now, set the input transformer on midi track 1 in cubase, to filter all the midi coming on any channel different from channel 1.
on track 2, to filter any midi different than channel 2.
and so on...

maybe sounds a little bit complicated, but you'll get it working after you get the idea.
it's very important to read about input transformer in cubase' manual.

goodluck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: