Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General question about the Trinity line...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: General question about the Trinity line... Reply with quote

Research has suggested that the Trinity is a fine choice for a cost effective workstation - but there seems to be many options / models, yet it is not 100% clear what they all are...

I've read up on the MOSS option - so I understand that.

Here's what I've gathered: Trinities did not at any time come with hard disk drives, yes? SOME have SCSI ports, some do not. From the wiki page, I gathered these are all options but may not be readily obvious in an Ebay ad...

So my question is this: If I was looking to buy a 61 key unit but wanted the best storage, sound and I/O options for the money, what would this forum suggest? I've seen them listed on ebay for as low as $100 - and has high as $700 - so I know there must be some value proposition that I need to get up to speed on..

thanks!
keego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You will need to have either the SCSI-TRI or HDR-TRI option installed for connection to a external SCSI hard drive. (Although I believe the 88 key versions are able to have an internal hard drive installed). I would also advise looking for one with the PBS-TRI option which gives an additional 8mb of ROM.

A TRINITY with all options tend so sell for around 400 GBP for the 61 key but it all depends on the demand I suppose.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Flune, welcome to the forums.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=180553#180553

That post should help you as to the "names" that were given to the individual Trinity models, and what they contained. Also tells you the added individual expansion options that are available. It's pretty much all modular, so you can get a basic Trinity and then by simply adding options you can make it up into one of the other models if desired.

Obviously because the Trinity has been discontinued for a number of years now it may be slightly harder to find the expansion options. People tend to hold on to them! Ebay is your best bet, and occasionally people on the KorgForums sell theirs. Sound-On-Sound have a readers-ads part of their site, too.

I'm sure you could pick up some bargains if you're patient.

I'd go for a Trinity with Moss-TRI (which can also be termed a "Trinity V3") and add a PBS-TRI, for covering most bases with minimal options. The SCSI-TRI or HDR-TRI is more for convenience, although if you're going to play live with everything "all-in-one-box" the HDR-TRI will be of use, otherwise using a computer for recording would be more powerful. However, both the HDR and SCSI options have the SCSI interface which is always very helpful for uploading sample-sets to the PBS-TRI which can otherwise be slow/monotonous via floppy disks, but you'll also need a SCSI host (SCSI Zip drive, or SCSI 3.5" HD, etc.).

>> A TRINITY with all options tend so sell for around 400 GBP for the 61 key but it all depends on the demand I suppose.

£400, with all options? Blimey. I wouldn't like to sell mine for that!
keego

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said depends on the demand. But I know what you mean. I sold my Trinity and now I want another one Confused

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: