Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What synth to buy..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hazard445

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: What synth to buy.. Reply with quote

I currently have a korg triton extreme, and was looking for a second synth (A non 88 key ) to pair up with it. I was considering either a korg trinity or N364. Which one would be a wiser choice? I would appreciate detailed feedback so I can learn more about synths. (I'm a synth noob Sad )
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trinity or N364 would both seem to be a terrible choice for someone with a Triton Extreme because they won't give you much that you don't already have in the EX.

It would be wiser to choose something that is complementary, something that shares little with the EX.

If you choose a different brand, you'll get access to a different multi-sample library. If you choose a different synth design, you'll get a different way of creating sounds.

How much do you want to spend? What kind of music do you play?
Hazard445

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have another synth in mind, the korg x50. I basically wanted a 61 key synth (unweighted keys of course) for faster playing to accompany my triton extreme. My maximum price is 800, and I play symphonic/goth metal (think nightwish, epica, etc.)
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Triton EX, you've got the Triton series covered. Time to diversify. I have an X-50 and I love it. But I wouldn't recommend it for you, as I didn't already have a Triton EX. The X50 shares too much with your Triton.

For $800 I would recommend the Roland Juno-G, which I recently added to my collection for $795 new. It would complement your Triton very well and give you access to many of the Fantom and classic Roland sounds. The Juno-G is expandable, has a sampler (you could perhaps even load some of your favorite Triton EX sounds on it or visa versa), has a 4 stereo track audio recorder/player, and 128 note poly. Its high multitimbrality would probably work well with your kind of music.

Another option would be to sell your Triton EX and upgrade to an M3-61 with the free EXB-Radias card, but that might cost you more than $800. If you want to stay within the Korg family, that would probably be the best way to go in the long term, as you'll get Karma2+Radias in the bargain.
Hazard445

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the roland juno-G has the same sound quality as the fantom. I played the fantom at guitar center and fell in love with it's amazing sound quality. It looks like im going to have to buy that roland-G. I did love the x50 too...and it was cheap as dirt, but the fantom blew it away. It's a shame the fantom looks so badass and the Juno-G looks like ass. However I heard the juno-G has horrible keys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: