Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re-register a product as a different user
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: re-register a product as a different user Reply with quote

Hi all, this is my first post , I've just bought a second hand Korg Legacy Collection with controller from ebay, I want to install the software into my Intel Macbook but the software version is v1.1, it only compatible on Intel Macs if the software version is 1.2.1, in order to download version 1.2 I need to be a registered user, but the problem is the guy which I bought the Korg Legacy from wasn't the registered user, Can I re-register the Korg Legacy Collection as a different user to start over the upgrade again?

Thanks is advance
Todd.
todd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or can i buy only the software for the MS20 controller?
please help, thanks.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the registration for Korg Legacy software is non-transferable.

Confused
dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed non-transferable. The first buyer owns it for life. Korg will not re-register it to anyone else. Sounds like you bought it third-hand from someone who wasn't able to re-register it either. Look for your money back.

Although I don't use it as anything but a display item myself, I understand that the controller can be used as is with pretty much any VI. But don't quote me on that because you might need to install a driver for it.

Kind regards.

Last edited by dave on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply Synthoid, do you know if i can be able to buy a new copy of software as an unregistered korg user so that i can run the MS20 controller?

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=KLC1D&category_id=8
Can this Digital Edition compatible with the MS20 Controller and replace the older version? if so can i buy this new copy as an unregistered user

I'm so confusing please help, I just want it to work in my Intel Mac. Crying or Very sad

todd
todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I buy a new copy of Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 which include MS20 software to run the MS20 Controller again?

please help me Crying or Very sad

to run my current MS20 controller, sorry for my bad english, I mean can i buy a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007" to run my current MS20 controller? Will I get a new software license for upgrading to v1.2 by buying a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007"?

Last edited by todd on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd wrote:
Thank you for your reply Synthoid, do you know if i can be able to buy a new copy of software as an unregistered korg user so that i can run the MS20 controller?

Can this Digital Edition compatible with the MS20 Controller and replace the older version? if so can i buy this new copy as an unregistered user

I'm so confusing please help, I just want it to work in my Intel Mac. Crying or Very sad

todd

Todd,

There are now only two Korg "Legacy Collection" products, KLC-DE and KLC-AE2007.

Korg Legacy Collection -- Digital Edition (KLC-DE), $149
This contains the following components:
-- M1 (including all optional sounds and all sounds from the T-series)
-- Wavestation v1.6
-- MDE-X (Effects Plugin)
This requires a Syncrosoft USB dongle

Korg Legacy Collection - Analog Edition (KLC-AE2007), $200
http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=KLCAE2007&category_id=8
This contains the following components:
-- MS-20
-- Polysix
-- Mono/Poly
-- MDE-X (Effects Plugin)
This requires a Syncrosoft USB dongle

The MS-20 controller is a generic midi controller, but you can use it (and its connecting cables) with the MS-20 component of KLC-AE2007. You can not buy the MS-20 buy itself.

The original KLC-1 (the product that came with the controller keyboard you now own) does not run on an Intel Mac UNLESS you upgrade the software to version 1.2 (which uses a Syncrosoft dongle) and then upgrade to version 1.2.2.

Given you are the third owner of a product in which the software can't be legally sold, I doubt Korg will allow you to register the software. You also can not register as a different user, since that Serial Number will show up as "already used".

If the person who sold it to you claimed you could use the software in addition to the physical MS-20 controller, I would suggest you try to get your money back.
todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help Martin, if i buy the Korg Legacy Collection - Analog Edition (KLC-AE2007) $200 again will i get a new license and be able to upgrade so that the MS20 software can be compatible with Intel Mac?
because the Korg Legacy Collection - Analog Edition (KLC-AE2007)
have the MS20 components which means i can use the MS20 Controller
can i buy that again for the controller to use and upgrade?

I'm so sorry for my bad English.

todd
todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd wrote:
Can I buy a new copy of Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 which include MS20 software to run the MS20 Controller again?

please help me Crying or Very sad

to run my current MS20 controller, sorry for my bad english, I mean can i buy a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007" to run my current MS20 controller? Will I get a new software license for upgrading to v1.2 by buying a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007"?
todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to know can i just buy a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007" which include Universal Binary to run my current MS20 controller in an intel Mac

please help please
dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy a new copy of Analog Edition 2007, the original MS-20 controller should work with it just fine.

Kind regards.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd wrote:
I really want to know can i just buy a new software "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007" which include Universal Binary to run my current MS20 controller in an intel Mac

please help please

Yes. The "Korg Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007" (KLC-AE2007) is sold at retail stores.

Contact your Korg Country Distributor for Hong Kong:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=H

http://www.tomleemusic.com/tlm/home/home.asp?lang=tc

They can give you a list of local stores that sell Korg products.
todd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, thankyou dave and Martin, appreciated.
blacksonn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: ...2nd hand KORG LEGACY COLLECTION dilema... Reply with quote

Hullo to all, ok i 've read the post regarding someone who bought the KORG LEGACY COLLECTION 2nd hand from Ebay with registration problems..well so did i & all i got was the install cd(no case) with no registration codes & i can't access the license authorization site either..so did i really screw up here & lose alot of $$$ or is this salvageable?...the crew i bought it off was a second hand dealer & i really didnt think about all this until i got into it a week after i bought it. i'm new to vst's & i like what i see & hear but all registration/authorisation malrky is bumming me out..so i hope this can be sorted out as i can't really afford to drop more $$ again..what's the go here folks & what ideas have you got for me?..any help is appreciated
anton
ps ..is this a common problem when dealing in 2nd hand vst's?
dave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you're out of luck with this transaction. Korg will not honour a transfer of the license for one simple, but very good, reason: it's a non-transferable license. This is almost certainly something that the original owner knew and that the second-hand dealer SHOULD have known.

Your best hope is to try to get your money back from the dealer.

With regard to second-hand software, my advice would be: always contact the developers and ask if they allow license transfers before you enter the auction/sale.

Personally, I don't buy second-hand software because there are too many rip'n'run artists out there and I'd rather directly support the people who do the work – the developers.

For what it's worth, you have my sympathies.

Kind regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: