Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Migrating Legacy Collection Digital Edition to new Mac Pro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RowdyBacon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Migrating Legacy Collection Digital Edition to new Mac Pro? Reply with quote

I currently have KLC-DE installed on a G5 PowerMac running Tiger 10.4.11. I just took delivery of a new Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.2. I hate to admit it, but I'm kind of clueless as the correct procedure for (re)installing and/or migrating KLC-DE (the application) along with any associated presets and preferences over to the new machine. I should also mention that I have the original version 1.2 (non-UB) install CD and USB dongle in case that has any bearing on procedure.

Korg User Net offers little in the way of support info, so any help/direction anyone here can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download and install the 1.3.1 UB version from your account at korguser.net (unless you already have it filed away somewhere like a sensible person). Don't copy over the prefs since they may be machine-specific - just recreate them. If you've made any presets yourself, they can be copied over after the install.

Rocket science it ain't. Smile

Kind regards.
RowdyBacon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response Dave. I wasn't recalling Korg's license policy with respect to multiple-Mac installs, or whether or not a current version of the software needed to be installed on a machine before applying an upgrade.

Sounds like a pretty straight-forward process. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: