Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Micro X Combis Via Editor Or Micro X Not Saving RTC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabfd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Editing Micro X Combis Via Editor Or Micro X Not Saving RTC Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

I just started using the Micro X editor to change some of the existing Combis and am having some weird results. Couldn't find anyone else reporting same issues so if anyone could point me to whether I'm doing something wrong or if there's an issue with my gear / setup, would me much appreciated.

Basically, I cannot save Combis after modifying Real Time Controllers or Patch Name. Tried with both Editor or directly on Micro X with same results.

I've installed all the latest drivers, Editor, etc. and no issues so far. I connect via USB and when launching the editor it syncs up with the micro X current data ok.

Now, when I try to modify an existing Combi, by twiking the Real Time Controllers, it does not save the state of the RTCs, ie thay are alway reset to "12 o'clock" thus returning to the original sound.

I have tried this on a Mecbook (Intel proc.) and IMac G5 with exact same result. Have not tried yet on a windows platform but suspect same thing will happen.

Couple of funny behaviours.

a) When trying to do simple things like changing the Combi name to a New Name (ie. from Utility - Write combination - New Name), after entering a new name and tabbing out of the field, it restores the original name of the Patch. It did however change the name the very first time I tried. After that, it doesn't do it for any of the Combis.

b) Other settings like Tempo, Arpeggiator beats / selections.... those are stored ok.

At this point am not sure if there is something wrong with my Micro X and am tempted to call Korg. Just wanted to check if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks in advance
4NDRW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the real time controllers thing is normal
thats just how they set them up

if you want to change their permanent values (eg. cutoff)
you actually have to find out what its controlling and modify that...

(which can be tedius... as most of the time the assignable controls are labelled in a useless manner)

i was having the same patch renaming problem
but there was something i wasn't clicking to accept after typing in the new name
or something simple like that.
i dont have my micro-x here so can't look at it right now.

i dont think there is anything wrong with your micro-x
its just matter of getting used to how they decided to set things up.
fabfd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply 4NDRW.

Well have been trying again with exact same result, even when modifying Programs. It's really confusing with the Real Time Controllers, as the C bank for the Arpeggiator does show the current knob positions of the RTCs. But Banks A - B always show at 12 o'clock.
Ok bit more head scratching. Will post the results eventually.
Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: