Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preset One Numeric Key each for Different Instuments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Carson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Preset One Numeric Key each for Different Instuments? Reply with quote

I (like Sticky) just got an x-50 (However I am keeping my Privia as well for now).

I am having a great time learnig how to program it and use it to practice at home with. HOWEVER... My BAND only cares if I can move from one selected instrument to another rapidly so they don't have to wait for me to find "Baritone Sax" or "Wurlitzer" or whatever sound effect they decide works well with the 50's and 60's music we play (anyone know how to simulate the Musitron for "Runaway?). I can't bring it to practice until I can switch rapidly between songs. Guitarists are not very understanding about waiting and there is no time during gigs.

I have at least four rapid key selections on the Casio that allow me to assign a selected sound or instrument to a single key and bring it up while I am playing... and a bunch of presets that are named i can switch back and forth from.

Any way I can set the 1-9 keys to switch to selected "favorites" rapidly? On other keyboards I have put little stickys on assignable keys and popped back and forth at will.....

I can't find it in the manual (read the whole thing) and haven't been able to figure it out by poking around.

Awesome keyboard BTW.... My wife hates me dissapearing for three or four hours at a time in the headphones but I can't help myself.
George Carson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Found it, it isn't in the manual (yet) Reply with quote

Found the answer in a supplement to the manual I hadn't noticed.

"Favorites" Hard to believe they put the thing out without that, but i'm good now.

Still need a setting for "Runaway"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: