Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so, how's PA500?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adimatis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: so, how's PA500? Reply with quote

i am looking for the first owners of pa500, i'd like to hear how do you like the keyboard so far?
i am considering getting it, how do you compare it to pa50, lets say...?
kiliwal59

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just a better sounding pa50 with sd slot, pa80 is still better by far Razz pa500 is a piece of junk imo, dont get it Razz
adimatis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you actually have it? or is it just your personal oppinion? i'd like to know especially how's the keys feel compared with pa50...
redkeys88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: PA500 has arrived! Reply with quote

Just got my PA500 and it is a great keyboard. Now I can sell my PA50. The Korgpa website just posted the 1.11 updates and they loaded perfectly. The styles and backing are modern, up to date and some are very advanced and were inspiring. GREAT JOB ON THE STYLES KORG!!
One of the best items is how the 4 pads add a nice sound of rhythm instruments while your playing. The USB to my computer is awesome and now I can get rid of all my floppies. The keys are the same as the PA800 which is a very nice touch and is better than the PA50 keys in my opinion. The PA500 can use a 2GB SD card and I loaded it with many Midi files. I was able to point to a directory and it gave me the option of playing all the midi files in there and that is better than having to make my own Jukebox. The touch screen is very helpful and now I can't be without one. Much to learn and lot's of fun. Good luck guys.
tomd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had mine for several days. For me it's a perfect fit.
I had purchased a PA800 and when I found they had the PA500
in stock (thought no one in US had it, but local retailer in Atlanta did)
I returned the PA800 for the PA500.
I don't need the sampling or the harmonizer.
I don't play keyboards live, only need it for the arranger function.
I've tried every arranger software and like hardware arrangers better.
I already own a Tyros2 but wanted the guitar mode capability of the PA.
So for me it's been a good choice. Only negatives are that I wish it had more polyphony (althought to be honest that has not seem to be a problem yet) and I am having midi synch issues which I believe are Logic8 issues and not PA500 issues. I think I am going to sell by Tyros because I am actually liking the sounds of the PA500 much more.
KANGAL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomd wrote:
Have had mine for several days. For me it's a perfect fit.
I had purchased a PA800 and when I found they had the PA500
in stock (thought no one in US had it, but local retailer in Atlanta did)
I returned the PA800 for the PA500.
I don't need the sampling or the harmonizer.
I don't play keyboards live, only need it for the arranger function.
I've tried every arranger software and like hardware arrangers better.
I already own a Tyros2 but wanted the guitar mode capability of the PA.
So for me it's been a good choice. Only negatives are that I wish it had more polyphony (althought to be honest that has not seem to be a problem yet) and I am having midi synch issues which I believe are Logic8 issues and not PA500 issues. I think I am going to sell by Tyros because I am actually liking the sounds of the PA500 much more.

hey mate, i live in Atlanta also so cheers. could you please tell me where did you buy your pa500? if they have it in stock i wanna go there and tried as soon as i can. i was planning to buy pa50 but later decided to wait for a pa500/600 and it actually came out. i would really apriciate it if you help me on this. tnx!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: