Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emblazon The Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Jon - I don't have the original to compare to but this sounds much improved - more consistent throughout. Man there is no way I can make tunes like that! A very beautiful piece !!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exquisite work Ellll ... very much enjoyed here. I am very impressed with your ability to be able to compose, perform and arrange something on this scale.

I am interested in how you're recording the final result though, because it's seems to sound rather authentically as if its been played from a vinyl record Wink I think with a few tweaks to your process you could have a much cleaner and fuller sounding end result.

Are you sequencing all of this on your Korg workstation and then recording the audio output into something else ?

Daz.

p.s. I am sorry to hear of your son's untimely death Sad I wish you and your family continued strength to make the most of their lives despite this tragedy.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.p.s I forgot to say ... it's great having you back on the forum; your enthusiasm, knowledge, passion and mild eccentricity were missed whilst you were away.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Daz, and for the special thoughts as well,

In fact...the "production"..as such, remains my Waterloo...I have little to manage the issue with...I have improved a bit...going from the recorder I did use, to Audacity, where there are some inprovements in the presence possible...

But there is no way to overcome.. two effects engines and a direct/no mix recording. It will require some update, and I have been looking at possibily adding equip...maybe I will yet get that done.

I DO want to please those listening...but I am most interested in notation; finishing some (a few) works for a group to play, or for piano, to possibly publish for the individual to use...

A former student owns the local "big" mus. store, and is willing to help me if I decide to keep writing, with the needed gear...He has most in stock..except the Oasys...and I can't do that right now anyway...

Many thanks for your interest! In the end...I simply need to address the whole idea and give it a chance...and spend some money!!

My Regards, John ellll Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ellll on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz...I have a PS as well...

If there is a practical way to do those few tweaks you mention, that would work for me, and could be implemented with reasonable practical thoughts..just tell me what to buy, and set up....and maybe I can make up my mind...

However I know you are very busy..so don't make a big deal of it..

My Regards, You guys do some kinda job! John ellll Very Happy
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PS2 (another bad joke I am full of em).

Doesn't Audacity do multitrack recording? And doesn't it accept pluggins?

Just curious.

Jon

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing all of the sequencing/arrangement on the 01/W and when that's complete, recording the audio into the soundcard of your PC, it really should sound pretty good already. I don't think anything needs to be bought at this stage. If you get a moment just write a rough list of the process you used to record this piece.

Daz.
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice. lovely song, pianoplayin´ & arrangement

Bah, been away for a couple of years and wonder what i´ve missed regarding user songs. Top stuff here as far as i´m concerned Very Happy

Thanks for sharing.

Pecca
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pecca,

For showing an interest,...I do run hot and cold...like many, but I always enjoy what I am doing Very Happy It was kind of you to give a listen!!

My Regards!! John (ellll) Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: