Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA vs Rolang G70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafdana75

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Korg PA vs Rolang G70 Reply with quote

Guys / Gals

I need your help in making my final decision about buying my next arranger. Specificaly I need to know if in any of the Korg Pa arrangers I could find the following funcionality found in Roland G70:

- Cover song - this is a very fast way to reorchestrate styles and midi files with the ability to write it into SMF file. (only recognized by Roland G70).
- Make up tools - easy way to change style and midi track parameters such patch, pan etc.
- Style Converter - function that allows midi file to style conversion.

I find these very useful tools, however I also find Korg to be a little more fresh in style department.

I'm sure there are workaround but dedicated functions and good OS maybe a deal maker/braker.

Thanks,
Rafael
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rafael,

The Pa800 and Pa2x have a lot of editing functionality built in that does not exist on the G70.

Korg publish a free application called Style to Midi (see www.korgpa.com -> Bonusware) that converts MIDI files to styles.
You can also import a MIDI file and convert it to a style using Style Edit mode.
You can easily change patch, pan etc using the Style Edit mode on the Pa keyboard.
Reorchestrating styles and midi files is easy to do on the Pa keyboard using the Style Edit mode and the Song Edit mode.
adimatis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whilst all of this is true, you don t get song/style cover, neither make-up tools. if you use those tools alot, you'll be better off with roland.

on the other hand, it seems that korg also offers good options, some more features details and so on. test both if you can.
patdeman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Thai (Easten Asian)style for korg PA50 Reply with quote

Howdy all
I am totally new at the Korg Forums, There are so many great keyboaders around this planet I am sure. I have not see one single forum regarding to Thai music. Has anyone, and I meant anyone has Thai style to play on the PA50. Any info is greatly aprreciated. Merci Very M Rolling Eyes ucho...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: