Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KontrolTools for Kontrol49 Native Mode (MicroKontrol soon)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: KontrolTools for Kontrol49 Native Mode (MicroKontrol soon) Reply with quote

I've been working on this for a little while now and its just about got to a state where I can release some demos.

What i've made is a couple of little applications for using the Kontrol49 in native mode.

I've setup a development space at assembla where there is a wiki, svn and some packaged up demos for download. Thats here :

http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/kontroltools

And i've started a google group for anyone who wants to talk about it, help development etc.

http://groups.google.com/group/kontroltools

Its not just limited to the Kontrol49, once i find someone with a MicroKontrol who wants to help out i'll implement support for that as well, and I imagine that some of it will translate to the PadKontrol as well.

So, what are the tools so far?

The first one is an OSC <-> Native Mode bridge, it runs as a seperate application and does bi-directional OSC with the Kontrol49. So for example when you press a pad it sends out /pad/PADID VELOCITY, and you can send OSC messages to the Kontrol49 to control the leds and lcds, like /kontrol/pad/PADID COLOUR.

There is currently a demo which has a drum machine built using reaktor available from the files section on assembla.

The second one is an MXJ object for max which makes working with native mode in max really easy.
The MAX demo is a midi step sequencer which is also available from the files section.

I'll be making a couple of videos soon so you can see them in action.

all the source is available so get building your own instruments Smile

btw, its all java and only tested on PC so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: