Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make a bassline with the EMX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Florentino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: How to make a bassline with the EMX Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to make a bassline in a EMX song?
reddone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? I cant tell really what line to make but making a bass synth is kinda easy . i'll help all i can here and im sure others will too .

what u could try is pick u'r basic sound , so say try using dual-osc and select to use square+saw . make that the combo order of waves , so that the sound is still pronounced but a little smoother than if they were at SAW+SAW or SAW+SQUARE .

now turn the osc1 knob and set it roughly in the middle to get a balance of square+saw ( all the way right and your all into the saw , all the way left n ur all into square ) . osc2 knob will set the general pitch of the oscillators .... but try finding the best range of keys first and tweak that knob once ur there .

now set ur cutoff in the centre , set ur eg int at about maybe 1/3 of the way in from the bottom . Now u should hav a decent bass sound if its pitched right . now u need to set ur EG-time knob and set the modulation to do something u'd like .... so i'll leave the rest up to u Wink

hope this helps , it should do
anselmi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some trick I developed to bass sounds:

the most of the times you don´t need the modulation section to bass sounds, so you can use it as a second envelope

this makes the sound more controlable than a single eg and open a new palette of bass tones...of course you can apply it to other sounds than bass

just put the modulation destination on cutoff, the modulation type on the last (bottom) mode, I mean the "decay" mode, that is similar to the envelope

then go to the filter and DON´T USE the eg intensity to modulate it, just leave this task for the modulation section

put the amp EG in decay mode

now you got 2 individual decay EGs, one for the amp (the propper amp EG) and one for the filter (the modulation section)

so you can tweak them to get different and more complex tones than using just the same EG for both amp and filter

once you "master" it Wink you can try adding a bit of EG modulation of the filter from the amp EG to get a 2 decay EG with a breakpoint

Last edited by anselmi on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Florentino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for both explanations i will try the both to see what fits better my needs. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: