Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

esx pops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
11hz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: esx pops Reply with quote

I spoke to soon about being able to get rid of pops when changing patterns in song mode. I had three songs with pops and was able to fix two by using different work arounds but the third one is a lost cause. I can not for the life of me fix it. I tried programing in filter cutoff changes at the begining and end of what i thought was the sample causing the clicks, this is after editing the sample in soundforge to make sure it starts and ends at a a zero crossing point, programmed motion sequences for every possible thing i could think of to get the patterns to change without pops, but no luck. I have given up on that song. I think it may be that the BPM is to slow, 62, and that is causing the problem. I'll experiment with some slow bpm songs later to see if i can reproduce the pops with other sounds and patterns.

Now i'm sick of listening to the damn thing. One good thing about all this is that I learned a couple functions I didn't know about, like repeat and random.
harvestein

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right pops are caused by the pattern changing and cutting the signal off above the zero point, causing the speaker cone to have a fit.
You have to round off the wave, to the zero point, but it has to be pretty gradual, too sharp and the speaker cone will still jitter. Its a real pain in the ass really. You might be better with a really quick fade a few milliseconds before the end of the loop or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: