Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im so disappointed with this big O :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Im so disappointed with this big O :( Reply with quote

Hi all,

As the topic says,.. im quite disappointed i got the Oasys.. because, out of 2 live gigs with the beast,.. i got 100% failure success.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

My first live with the Oasys, i got there, got all equipment ready,. but the Oasys showed me the now famous blue registration screen,.. telling me to log on korguser.net to get the auth cd. The live was held in an 18th century cemetery,.. which doesnt have any internet network ! duh!
Rolling Eyes Fortunatly i had PlanB project files saved on my laptop, and unmuted all the oasys tracks ( which i recorded JUST IN CASE the night before) Had alot of GEs trriggering the MS-2ks for example, but all for nothing.. As a loyal Korg customer i had everything Korg,.. but had to flee to home to get the Virus,.. so i could use some live pads. and my Oasys took the biggest space for nothing.

Instead had to load alot of vsts to get all the pads working together and to play live. Unfortunately the KOntrol49 was too far from the MS-2000s, cos i had to play some parts with both synths.. having the oasys used as a drink holder, or Ut . And i thank god i had the Kontrol49 with me that day! Started the live 45mins later.

A miracle occurred when i got home,.. cos the Oasys switched on again as usual. (PS: i switch it ON / OFF for a thousand times in the gig, with no success )

Then it worked fine for 6 whole months. Purchased LAC-1 and some KARO libraries ( which are amazing) and 3 days before the 2nd gig with the Oasys,.. it showed my the blue screen again,.. switched on & off,.. and it came to normal. With no surprise,.. in the gig,. the oasys didnt switch on.. blue screen again..

The venue i was at, had internet,, so i rushed downstairs, logged on Korguser.net to get the auth CD downloaded,... but my Oasys was saying that he forgot what his Public ID was!!!! --- Unavailable ---- .Couldnt be any better,.. no?

I started to play, this time only 20mins later than i should,.. and tried to start the Oasys again,.. this time it showed the public ID,.. but it was too late since i already started,..

Alot of work done on the oasys for nothing,.. i had to stop the performance about 35mins before closing,. cos i had loads of atmospheres, leads and GEs on the Oasys which i had to play along with synced visuals and a Cello,.. but couldn't do it. So i may thank Korg that i got so embarrassed and swore im not purchasing anything Korg again,.. which ive been purchasing all my life,..Prophecy, wavestation SR, X5D, i30, ER-1, , microKontol, Kontrol49, karma, ms-2k b, ms-2kR, micro=X, Oasys. Im SO disappointed.

Now the final problem is this: i re-auth the oasys about 4 times. have the cd with me all times,.. but yesterday it started showing me this icon:

Can someone help me out, so maybe i wont have the Oasys failure rate to be 3 out of 3?

have another live next Saturday,.. what shall i do? sell the Oasys goodbye? cos im really disappointed now,... or i sould not go live again with all korg equipment?! i used to love this company eyes closed,.. but now it let me down big time Sad..
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough business. I've moved mine many times with no issues; although I sometimes worry that it could screw me up at some time in the future. I am not familiar with the icon you show. My guess would be that, maybe, you have an intermittant wire conection between the screen and the computer within the instrument. Have you looked into that possibility?
Good Luck.

Nitecrawler Confused

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario. What OS are you running?

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,.. glad to hear form you! Its the latest release form Korg.. 1.3 something,.. i cant recal the exact figures..

thanks
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nightcrawler,.. i will open the machine up as soon as i get to the studio,..

ps. i only moved the machine 3 times in all..... and believe me,... not even a single 0.001Newton bump went into it,... hehe
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public ID is stored on a PCI card that is connected to a PCI slot on the OASYS motherboard. Perhaps it might be loose. In any case you should have a Korg authorized distributor take a look at it.

The error display on your LCD, I used to get when I tried to upgrade the RAM and the two identical kingston sticks that I put in didnt work. I switched to another brand (TwinMOS) and it worked.

So, chances are they may be some memory issues.

Coming to think of it, do you use a UPS with your OASYS? If you don't, chances are there might be some sort of electrical damage, due to poor power or spikes/surges when connected to a stage power supply source / diesel power generators. Always use a portable UPS with your OASYS.
Ray

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using my Oasys live for just over 12 months (about 50 gigs and 20 rehearsals). Thankfully not had any problems so far (touch wood).

I am now so reliant on the Oasys we would have to cancel performances if it didn't work Crying or Very sad
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi elvis, thanks for the msg.

I opened it up, got the ram & pci card out, put everything in, and the icon didnt appear again. great.

now it asked me the the friendly blue registration screen, put in the Auth cd, but the Public ID changed now! And its all zeros and only the last two figures are numbers!! Am downloading the new Auth CD with the new Public ID... but can the Public ID change on its own?!?
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, hi Ray. Glad your Oasys is working fine! i would still keep the Auth Cd and a screw driver in the Oasys bag Wink. ( and a piece of wood too Smile )

elvis,.. regards the Auth. Korg Distributor here. .. we dont have one yet. Ours is a Korg Seller/Importer Rolling Eyes Confused
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pics Smile

Sorry to hear of your trials ... ouch ... but it does sound like things are coming lose inside the Oasys (as has been said)

For example this :

... means that the connector between the LCD and the controlling circuit board has come lose.

Daz.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daz. Thanks. Yeah i do understand the icon hehe, but i didnt think of opening it up and check inside! Its been only 10months since i owe it!!

Anyways, the 'new' Public ID that the Oasys is giving me,.. is not valid. As in is not registered. Shall i re-Auth through Korguser.net with the new Public ID? and re-download the new Auth CD?
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
Yeah i do understand the icon hehe

LOL Smile

mariosammut wrote:
... but i didnt think of opening it up and check inside!

Don't forget the connection to the screen is partly outside the Oasys case, in that little box that sticks out of the back of the Oasys.

Anyway, good luck with it all, I hope you can work it all out before the next show.

Daz.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is crazy! i couldn t get the new Auth Cd from korguser.net. Cos that Public ID was never regidtered..but.. Switched on the Oasys,... and it worked!

But how come? Wrong Public ID,.. and working? good public id and telling me the screen is not connected?

Can anyone from Korg explain me whats going on, cos i cant trust this machine anymore!

Thanks all Smile
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your public ID changing in between is not a normal occurence. Maybe the PCI card has a malfunction. I would definitely recommend that you take your OASYS to the repair center, for sure!

Daz, the error icon on the screen can appear if for some reason the memory sticks are incompatible. So, it need not be a physical disconnection betweent the LCD and the VGA adapter. It can be caused due to memory incompatibilities or the system motherboard not booting up properly and sending a signal output.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elvisjohndowson wrote:
Daz, the error icon on the screen can appear if for some reason the memory sticks are incompatible. So, it need not be a physical disconnection betweent the LCD and the VGA adapter. It can be caused due to memory incompatibilities or the system motherboard not booting up properly and sending a signal output.

Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense ... I am adding that to my mental notebook Smile

Thanks !

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: