Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying Used Ms20 Legacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danl

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Buying Used Ms20 Legacy Reply with quote

I was thinking of buying a used legacy with the MS20 controller. However, I have an intel mac. I had a few questions:
1) Will there be any licensing issues if the synth doesn't come with the syncrosoft USB key?
2) How much is the key if I need to buy one?
3) Will there be issues updating to v 1.2 (for intel macs)?

Thanks for your help. I really want to get this soft synth but wanted to make sure it would work for me.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be wrong, but I have a feeling Korg don't allow license transfers, so if you buy the old version second hand (which won't work on your Intel Mac), you might have issues trying to upgrade to 1.2x which you will need.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg does not allow license transfers, so what you would really be buying is the MS-20 controller only.

You would not be able to upgrade to v1.2 (which uses a Syncrosoft key) and therefore could not use the software on an Intel Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: