Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im so disappointed with this big O :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you please send me mail at dan@korgrd.com with copies of the email, including the address to which you sent it? I'm quite certain that this situation should not be happening, and I'm sorry that you've been working on it for a while.

btw, you mentioned having sent me a private message a week ago, but I just checked, and I have not received anything from you. If it was email, it's possible that it was caught in the spam filter; I'll keep an eye out.

Best regards,

Dan

Hi Dan:
The private message was sent from your profile (DANATKORG) at KARMA LAB forum, so I'm not sure the mail address used there. Maybe it's not working properly or the address there is not correct. I'll try to check...
Anyway I'm more that happy with all you are doing now with this extra work even at weekend! Smile

Regarding the mail you request unfortunatelly it's in spanish.
I'll send it anyway and will try to translate it, including a summary of the complete history...

Best regards.

PS: Please don't forget this discussion began due to an issue from other user. I'd like some moderator move these messages to a new topic so the initial topic is not left asside... SORRY MARIO!!!!!
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobertPlatinum wrote:
Let me find out that Korg has discontinued any repair parts for the Oasys, It's bad enough them discontinuing the exb(adat) and them basically telling us Oh well, too bad, good luck finding one. In my opinion basic customer service would be too develop and offer a replacement option such as maybe an exb-fire wire fitted for the Oasys. This is one personal strike against Korg.

I pray that this is not true, that they have discontinued any of the replacement parts for the Oasys. If true. I will sell my Oasys quickly and not buy another Korg product. What good is a warranty if the Oasys cannot be fixed.

Hey folks,

The discussions in question happened in Argentina. My guess is that not many OASYS have been sold in Argentina, and so their service centers may not be as familiar with it as they might be in larger markets. It's far too early to panic; please let me look into this.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Hey folks,

The discussions in question happened in Argentina. My guess is that not many OASYS have been sold in Argentina, and so their service centers may not be as familiar with it as they might be in larger markets. It's far too early to panic; please let me look into this.

Best regards,

Dan

Totally agree with your point Dan....Just 4 Oasys sold here according to sales representative and the technical man didn't see one of these before my issue (told by him).

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
RobertPlatinum

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say something but forget it. Stupidity responds to stupidity.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Leo, thanks for the thought Smile

The live gig was ok,.. and it was the first time the oasys worked at a gig. This makes the unsuccessful rate go down by 2:1 unsuccessful.
Still, my Oasys is not in a good state, since its Public ID is morphing to a decimal integer,.. or a lottary number :s... (

Everytime i switch the beast and loads up properly, i thank god, cos ive been seeing the blue screen to many times now,..

i even sent a tech ticket to support but didnt get any reply! S

May i thank Dan for his help! Smile But i think Korg lost a loyal customer.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
hi Leo, thanks for the thought Smile

The live gig was ok,.. and it was the first time the oasys worked at a gig. This makes the unsuccessful rate go down by 2:1 unsuccessful.
Still, my Oasys is not in a good state, since its Public ID is morphing to a decimal integer,.. or a lottary number :s... (

Everytime i switch the beast and loads up properly, i thank god, cos ive been seeing the blue screen to many times now,..

Tech support is done by the national Korg distributor. For Malta, that's AUDIO & AUTO SOUND, as previously discussed. Did you contact them, or someone else? If so, who?

As I've written before, it really sounds like the keyboard needs to be serviced. I'm sure that you can find a place to do this; if not in Malta, then in Italy. That's really what needs to happen now.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
tcornishmn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:

May i thank Dan for his help! Smile But i think Korg lost a loyal customer.

What support did you contact? Your national distributor? Did you call them on the phone?

Unless you've worked the correct official channels for your country, it's really not fair to blame Korg.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobertPlatinum wrote:
Let me find out that Korg has discontinued any repair parts for the Oasys, It's bad enough them discontinuing the exb(adat) and them basically telling us Oh well, too bad, good luck finding one.

Robert,

The EXB-DI problem was outside of Korg Japan's control. As I understand it, the EXB-DI contains an ADAT chip manufactured by Alesis, and Alesis stopped making them a few years ago.

RobertPlatinum wrote:
In my opinion basic customer service would be too develop and offer a replacement option such as maybe an exb-fire wire fitted for the Oasys.

Unfortunately a "retrofit" that like that may be extremely difficult. At the very least it would be extremely expensive to design and manufacture, compounded by the fact the OASYS is a low sales volume keyboard.

As you may have noticed with all workstations and synths, manufacturers do not retrofit new technologies into products that weren't designed to accept them in the first place. For better or worse, the electronic Musical Instrument industry is relatively small, and one byproduct of that small size is that keyboards seem to have multi-year product development cycles. These long cycles are definitely succeptible to the impact of rapidly changing technology. Some part or accessory that was "current proven technology" at the time of product design may not be as current when the product is finally released or a few years after release.

Look at workstations and the external storage technologies that have been used: floppy disk, SCSI, Smart Media Cards, Compact Flash. All of these technologies were prominent on products from Korg, Roland, Yamaha even though they had been superceeded by newer technologies in the mainstream computer market. It is probably just lucky that USB has managed to stay active long enough for workstations to catch up with it.

RobertPlatinum wrote:

I pray that this is not true, that they have discontinued any of the replacement parts for the Oasys. If true. I will sell my Oasys quickly and not buy another Korg product. What good is a warranty if the Oasys cannot be fixed.

Korg would treat the OASYS from a spare parts perspective just like they would any product. Korg should have an inventory of spare parts. Especially in smaller markets with little OASYS sales, they may not have alot of experience working with Korg Japan to support the OASYS.
RobertPlatinum

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the CIVILIZED, non-affront response Mr. Hines. The Oasys is about three years old in market terms. The product cycle for the O has passed it's peak I'm sure. I am a Management/Economics double major so I do understand at least a little about this. All I was saying was that their should be some type of plan to cover Oasys's that go wrong.

My statement wasn't directed a the person who rudely responded or at Dan. It was a CONDITIONAL statement of POSSIBLE dissapointment for not having proper product component replacement inventories available for the Oasys that's all. Smile
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan, i sent a note (ticket) to Korg UK, with reference number: KENQ4848 . I didnt even bother to contact the distributor on our island, since as i said previousl, i m constantly looked for repairs after HIS repairs! Secondly, he ( since its a one man company) have never seen one before! apart from other mis-happenings in repairs before.

why does an 8000USD keyboard may need a service after few months its been working,.. and if so... Italy is our neighbour country but miles and miles apart :s hehe, and the Oasys is not an iPod to carry or ship!!

At the mom im constantly bombarded with film scores and other stuff.,. and i cant manage having the Oasys missing for about 3 months or so,.. for a service :s

tcornishmn; i contacted Korg UK through their ticketing system. with a link to this thread. You may be right that i dont have to blame Korg,.. but after being a loyal customer for all those years, offering aftersale for free cos i love this brand, then my biggest effort ( oasys) let me down on 2 gigs by not swithcing on,.. and had to stop both gigs ect ( read the 1st note in this thread).
i mean i am a bit angry, well i was,.. im much more relaxed with it now but the gigs were a big flop thanks to this keyboard!

All i needed was a bit of help to get my Oasys working. Im an Electronic Eng. so i can manage my own repairs here. with a bit of help from Korg... maybe. let alone shipping it to Italy!!!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
Hi Dan, i sent a note (ticket) to Korg UK, with reference number: KENQ4848 . I didnt even bother to contact the distributor on our island, since as i said previousl, i m constantly looked for repairs after HIS repairs! Secondly, he ( since its a one man company) have never seen one before! apart from other mis-happenings in repairs before.

All i needed was a bit of help to get my Oasys working. Im an Electronic Eng. so i can manage my own repairs here. with a bit of help from Korg... maybe. let alone shipping it to Italy!!!

Mario,

You really need to go through your Korg Country Distributor. Even if he can't help, HE should be able to contact Korg Japan for advice on how to proceed. As Dan mentions, the solution may be to send the keyboard to Korg Italy.

I doubt Korg UK will respond to your ticket since you did not buy it from them. Each Korg Country Distributor is responsible for support of the keyboards they sell, with help from Korg Japan.
andries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy paid $8,000 for the OASYS.

He works hard for a live event - then some weeks later one the first serious live performance, the brand new OASYS doesn't work properly.

The performance is a flop, his reputation f***ed up.

The only answer KORG has, is that Mario should send the OASYS some thousand miles to a foreign KORG dealer, then wait some months, and then hope he gets a good working product back for which he paid $8,000.

Well, that's realy fantastic!

Shocked
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andries wrote:

He works hard for a live event - then some weeks later one the first serious live performance, the brand new OASYS doesn't work properly.

The only answer KORG has, is that Mario should send the OASYS some thousand miles to a foreign KORG dealer, then wait some months, and then hope he gets a good working product back for which he paid $8,000.

Shocked

So what's your solution? Please offer it.

Korg is not an unreliable brand. But there can never be perfection. When things go wrong its absolutely terrible - really painful - but its uttelly unreasonable to blame Korg. If a Motif or Piano were at fault, the problem, outcome and issues to resolve would be the same.

Furthermore, music technology companies are not high streen HiFi companies. The distribution and servicing in place are the best they can manage, and do a good job given the restricted market they operate within. It can't be that there's an official service centre around every corner.

I have learnt to be patient when it comes to synthesizers - vintage or new. You need to take into account that problems will arise when you're dealing with cutting edge technology. If you can't accept that then don't get involved in cutting edge technology. Furthermore, problems arisig today are nothing by omparison to the issues of years past. And, even though of a restricted nature, havind Dan even comment and offer pointers on individual synthesizer problems puts a valued human touch to the issue; unlike with many other companies. I have found a similar historical human touch with Yamaha Ireland, and through Peter Peck and Dusty Miller in Yamaha-Kemble in the UK, and it really eases the pain and at least makes you feel you're not stranded. Dan, Steve and Jerry are great that way.

Kevin.
andries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
andries wrote:

Shocked

So what's your solution? Please offer it.

Kevin.

Korg should send him a brand new one - and before they send it, be damn sure it's 100% Ok.

Period.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's completely realistic - thanks for clearing that up. Any thoughts on World Peace?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: