Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No internet connection...installation problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tr999

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: No internet connection...installation problem. Reply with quote

So I installed the KLC and got all the way to the License download where you enter the activation code...but, I have no internet on my Mac, which is strictly dedicated to music.

Is there anyway around this or am I going to have to purchase a router and get internet on my Mac? I have a single processor Powermac G4...granted i need internet on the mac, what type of wireless router would I be able to purchase? Any help would be appreciated...I really need to get this problem solved asap so i can just start using the damn softsynth.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest contacting Korg Product Support.

I thought the manual had some section on Authorizing on a Different computer. Did you review the installation section in the manual?
tr999

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope just checked the manual..nothing. I went to the korguser.net site and checked all the F.A.Q. and everything else that was available after logging onto the site but there was nothing to address the problem I'm having..
rich_h

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to install the Synchrosoft drivers on a computer connected to the net, plug in your dongle there and authorise it from there. You can then take the dongle back to your music computer without having to sully it with internet!
tr999

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich_h wrote:
You should be able to install the Synchrosoft drivers on a computer connected to the net, plug in your dongle there and authorise it from there. You can then take the dongle back to your music computer without having to sully it with internet!

But wait, doesn't the license download have to be completed on the computer I'm using the program on? So I can plug the usb into my PC, install the usb key, "download license" and then bring the key back to my Mac. So then when I plug the usb key into my mac what happens? are there more steps i have to follow? I'm a bit lost, does the usb key have to be inserted in order for me to use the KLC software as standalone or as a plugin?
rich_h

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens is that when you start the Sychrosoft License Centre on your PC there is a menu option Wizards -> Download License. In the ensuing steps you will type in your activation code which is unique and identifies the software you are using. The license will then be downloaded onto your USB key, and when complete you can then just take the stick to your Mac and install the software (if you haven't already). Job done!
tr999

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ alright thanks I was able to get the synths working and finally check out the sounds...crazy just as I expected. Now, everytime I'm running the VST in Pro Tools do I have to insert the usb key? And one more thing, I'm getting a macbook within a week so I'm going to be uninstalling KLC from my G4. When I install it on my macbook do I have to transfer registration or do I just stick the usb key in and i'm good to go? Thanks for the help.
rich_h

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the key connected each time you use it. When you move to a different computer, Mac or PC, just plug the key in. The license is carried on the USB key and not the computer, so you can install the software in any number of places, but in order to run it the key should be present on that machine.

Now go make some music Very Happy
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to rich-h's comments, the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser (the dongle) is EXTREMELY important. You can always re-install the software, but you are screwed if you lose the USB key.

With any USB key-based protection system (like Syncrosoft with Korg, Steinberg, Vienna Symphonic Library) or PACE iLok (tons of different products) the electronic license is stored on the physical key. All of these products check for the existence of the license (which means the key must be connected to your computer) on boot up and during program operation. The "license on the key" enforces the "only can be used on one computer at a time" license agreement rule.

If you lose the USB key, you normally have to re-purchase the product.
I would suggest contacting your insurance company to make sure your insurance policy covers these types of losses.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good point that Martin makes. I have had calls from a few users who have lost or damaged their key for whatever reason. Korg will not replace the key FOC if you loose or damage it. It's your key and is your responsibility to look after it.

If you are using it in an environment where it might get lost or stolen then please insure it so that when you need to purchase the software again, you are covered.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: