Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New triton rack owner....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etherium

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: New triton rack owner.... Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I just purchased a triton rack off e-bay with the moss board, scsi board, D1 board and pcm cards 02 and 03, and an extra 32 meg simm for a nice price of $650 australian, I'm quite happy with my purchase..!!, and going by the manual its quite programmable!!, just reading through the effects section blows me away not to mention all the other options listed in the manuals.
Previous synth experience is a microkorg various electribes and roland grooveboxes and various softsynths, but i was thinking of buying a dedicated controller keyboard for this thing any suggestions....?, I'm assuming you can fully assign cc# messages to any midi keyboard though once this is done its hard to revert back to a previous set-up, meaning better to get a dedicated controller..?, also where you can setup joystick controlls, can you assign an X, Y touch pad on a midi keyboard for this function?, and just say you own a novation keyboard with automapping will there software revert the keyboard back to the orriginal cc# settings..?, much appreciative of any input...Thanx.
Etherium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I know some of these questions might seem a bit lame and obvious but any help would be greatly appreciated.......I've been reading the manual more and more.....and have been understanding more and more of it, though I'd really appreciate any suggestions for dedicated controller.....stick with a novation sl compact 49key..??, Once again thanx...
mangomix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry can't help with your questions, but's thats a great bargain with Moss onboard. I got mine for $800 Au a couple of years back (b4 the m3 came out). I control mine with a V-synth and it works out well.
Etherium

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, I've decided on a novation remote LE, there a nice price.....am currently looking at a scsi hard disk and a pack of ram for it, then I'm gonna load this thing with as many multisamples as i can....
scsiforsamplers

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you've bought that hard drive yet but if you haven't seen our website, please take a look at www.scsiforsamplers.com. We ship to Australia all the time and offer about everything you could want for the Triton SCSI-wise. You may want to consider one of our Card reader drives instead of a hard drive.

Let me know if I can answer any questions about SCSI hardware for you.
Etherium

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....nice range, I've just shelled out for the keyboard controller....and will have to save some $ for some scsi gear next. Just a few questions though, I'd prefer something rack mountable which i see you have, though the hard disk and card reader combinations, can u connect both of those to the one scsi connection on my triton...?, oh, and hows the availablity of smart media cards.....cause, I've been havin a hard time finding these things...evan on e-bay, I have a korg electribe esx1 that uses them.
I realise I'm getting a lil off topic here though is it possable to upgrade memory on electribe, (I realise this is a question for the electribe forums), or can you get some type of card that will fit into the sm slot with cables comin off the back of it that will interface with computer somehow...?, once again something for the elctribe forums, though just thought I'd quiz u since u seem to be in the biz ...(more or less)...Thx.
scsiforsamplers

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCSI is a chainable protocol, so yes, you can have multiple devices connected via one cable.

Smart Media is a dead media format, so finding the cards is tough and they are quite expensive when you can find them. That is why our card reader drives use Compact Flash cards, which are still made and available at ever-lower prices.

It might be possible for you to use an SM-to-xD adapter in your electribe esx1. That would allow you to use xD cards, which are much easier to find and less expensive than SM cards. It just depends upon how the SM slot is built into the electribe - there has to be room for the xD adapter to fit. Also, you would need to only buy xD cards that are 128MB or less in size, as the SM upper limit still applies, even when using an xD adapter.

When you get to a good financial point, contact us via email and we can set you up with whatever SCSI drives you need. The weak dollar makes it a good time to buy SCSI gear outside the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: