Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Titon Rack - editing moon cycles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy v

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Titon Rack - editing moon cycles Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm trying to edit the program "Moon Cycles" so it doesn't cycle so much. I tried various arpeggiator settings without much luck. I've isolated oscilator 2 as the source of the arpeggiation but I'd rather not have to silence it altogether. Suggestions?
Also, it looks like the EXB banks are for user or PCM programs. So I can copy entire banks of Internal programs over to those banks, right? That way I won't lose them when I load programs from my zip drive since it just loads programs into Intenal banks automatically. If this is the case then how do I copy the Internal banks to the EXB banks? Thanks.
xpander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy v wrote:
I'm trying to edit the program "Moon Cycles" so it doesn't cycle so much. I tried various arpeggiator settings without much luck. I've isolated oscilator 2 as the source of the arpeggiation but I'd rather not have to silence it altogether.

I'm not by my gear right now, but for clarification, you are trying to make the arpeggiator to cycle "less"...ie. not that fast? Or is there something like LFO going on there?

andy v wrote:

Also, it looks like the EXB banks are for user or PCM programs. So I can copy entire banks of Internal programs over to those banks, right? That way I won't lose them when I load programs from my zip drive since it just loads programs into Intenal banks automatically.

Your zip-drive won't load programs automatically into any specific bank, unless you let it do it. In other words, you can specify yourself, into which bank(s) the loaded sounds will go.

You have to dig deeper into the program menu, where you can see the actual bank folders. Then you can choose upon loading, where they will go. You can select even single programs, if you go that deep into bank folder, and load them where you want them to.

Basically the only limitations are that the MOSS programs have to go to the bank I-F (if you have the MOSS board installed) and the I-GM won't take any programs at all, it's pre-set and done.

The External Banks (EXB) are basically made for the EXB programs in a case you have any EXB boards installed, but of course you can load any programs there too.

I have my Rack configured so that the banks I-A to I-D are for the original programs, I-E (SMPL) reserved to any programs which have separate samples in them and I-F for the MOSS.
The E-A and E-B banks have programs for my EXB cards, then four banks for the TritonLE programs and the rest is free for my own. That whole "package" I have saved to Zip disk as my very own "preload", so I can easily get everything back in one load if needed.
andy v

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xpander. I am assuming that it is arpegiation that I am hearing but I guess it could be something with LFO. I'm not too familiar with LFO parameters/functions. In fact I'm pretty novice with most aspects of program editing. I'll have to mess around with it a little more. And then I'll have to check out the possibilities with bank allocation as you mentioned. Thanks.
xpander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you're welcome. I went and checked this Moon Cycles prog to hear if I could understand what was going on. I'm not sure if this quick fix would be more to your liking, but test it yourself.

Go to the program MENU. From there choose FLT1 (Filter 1). You're now on PROG 4.1:ED-FILTER 1 page. Check the LFO2, INTENSITY TO A value, it's +20 right now. Change this to a lower value, maybe even down to zero. Notice that if you go to minus side, the little twiddly effect will come back but little bit different way.

If you'd like to study how these sounds are programmed and how to tweak and program them yourself, I recommend downloading the excellent Triton Field Manual Vol.1 by Darren Richards and Richard Rose. It will run you through basic programming with plenty of example programs along the way.

http://tritonhaven.com/downloads/docs/fieldman/tfmvol1.zip

Korg also has their own Programming Tutorial and PCG example file available here:
http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=470

Happy tweaking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: