Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ms2000r schematic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: ms2000r schematic Reply with quote

hi,
I'm a new italian user who bought an used korg ms2000r from an american seller...when the unit arrived I was too happy to think about the voltage differents between America and Europe, and when I powered the unit on, it received 220v instead of 110v...and now the synth is dead...

I would like to repair it... I have a friend who could try to do it but He needs the ms2000 schematic...

So, Is there someone who has got the ms2000 schematic? is it possible for me to get it?

thanks a lot for the answers.
fac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the schematic, but there's a fair chance that you burned the AC adapter and not the MS2000R.

I would try first another adapter (you can probably get one from a local music store). You may also have burned an internal fuse in the MS... that should be easy to check out: open the MS and look for any fuses (don't touch anything else).

Nord G2 + Waldorf XT + Korg MS2000R + ER-1 + ES-1 + Boss DR-770 + Dotcom modular + Mobius + Ensoniq ESQ-1 + Atomo Mochika
scary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi fac, thanks for your reply,
yes, I know that only the adapter should be broken... but i just forgot to tell you that the adapter which the seller sent the unit with is not the original from korg and has an output voltage of 12v, but the ms2000 needs only 9v.. that should be the problem..

I don't know how many volts has the synth received when it has been powered on with a 110v to 12v adapter, but the problem should be internal (I remember I saw some smoke going out from the midi section )

that's why i need the schematic...
shortwave360

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: same problem..sorta... Reply with quote

I did the same thing kinda. I put just 200mA over the top rating and ended up frying the synth somewhere that I could not spot after taking the unit apart. Not that I am a pro or anything, just hoping to spot an obvious fuse that had blown. All I know is I made a mistake and I am going to hire a repair expert to fix my MS2000B. Korg's site has a section here: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=I The link looks more geared towards guitars and organs maybe... but they are listed by korg, worth giving a email and asking a question or two on how to handle the issue. Good luck!

Salvage Recordings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: