Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA500 some comments and a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stingraynut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: PA500 some comments and a question Reply with quote

I've had the PA500 for 2 weeks now, I still have the PA50 and am transferring some of my user performance settings to the new PA500, the the 2 keyboards are sitting side by side, a great way to make comparisons.

Interestingly, I can't tell the difference in sound quality between same name voices - except perhaps less reverb set on the PA500. I thought this was supposed to be a new operating system,? Perhaps there are new voices on the PA500 that i can't compare with the PA50 and perhaps these are better?

I was disappointed to find that the PA 50 is MUCH louder than the PA500, and also that the PA500 won't take a memory pen. I'm enjoying playing the new 500, but so far I can't see as much improvement as I expected.

Would anyone like to name me some features that are better on the 500? It would be interestign to find out what others are doing.

I have had Yamaha keyboards for many years, I switched to Korg and the PA50 because the styles sound more live compared to Yamaha.

Here's my question --
I love the lead guitar sound on both keyboards and would like to set in some delay vibrato- as on the trumpet - I've looked everywhere but I can't find anthing that will do that - I am expecting there's a LFO somewhere where I can set strength and delay?

I used to program my Korg M1 hundreds of years ago, haven't done anything lately so I'm a bit rusty!
Stingraynut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: question is answered Reply with quote

Ta Da - I found the sound editing page - press shift and 'sound' from the mode menu - I've got my delay vibrato and it was LFO based as I expected.

There's a manual on the disc all about editing - have not seen that written down anywhere, including on the disc. I would say I've read over 50% of the manual now.

Another problem related to this cropped up - I'm posting in the PA800 forum
Stingraynut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Update - more good stuff Reply with quote

I've spent a few hours playing my PA500 since the last post.

I've been running through all the STS's switching on the left hand voice and changing/adjusting where necessary, and I discovered that -

WOW, the styles are incredible.

I played for several years in local rock bands, I'm a keyboard teacher and have always used Yamaha PSR keyboards - the PA500 styles blow all of them out of the water - I'm hearing very realistic guitar riffs, horn riffs, it's closer to playing in a band than anything I've heard before, and there's HEAPS of styles.

I am super-impressed.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: I totally agree Reply with quote

After testing several keyboards in different stores, I concluded there was only ONE that fills my needs in this price range. PA500 is a different league compared to, say Yam PSR S700 or Roland E50.
Of course this is also a matter of taste, but I can't wait to start playing on my new PA500!! (It will arrive in my store this week... ) Very Happy

Play in style. Wink
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: I love it more and more.... Reply with quote

And ever since I got the instrument (a week ago), I love it more and more and more... Very Happy
Wow, creativity seems almost endless with this machine. Indeed great value for money!

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: