Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20 and Mono/Poly problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock machine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: MS-20 and Mono/Poly problems Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you have had these problems:

Initially when I first installed the original KLC edition ( which would have been one of its first manifestations ), I am certain that I didn't have this problem, but I have now had it for quite some time, so am posting to see if any of you have had the same problem. The mod wheel can, unpredictably and not all of the time either, send out random and repeated CC messages without me having touched it. I can sometimes grab the wheel with the mouse and return it to zero, but it can erupt at any time again. Its perplexing because it has no rhyme or reason when it does happen. I contacted a Korg rep and he suggested re-installing the drivers for it, which I have had, including Korg's newest USB drivers, but all to no avail. I started to think that it was a hardware problem, but the Korg guy didn't think so. I got so irritated that yesterday, I disconnected the leads going from the Mod wheel and the aftertouch button from the rest of the chassis. I also tried messing about with the all of the wires thinking that one of them had become loosened or something but also to no avail. Any ideas would be app-reciated.

Also, in the last couple of Cubase sessions, I have started having problems with trying to move Mono/Poly parameters. When clicking and grabbing any of them, they at first won't move, wheter using the MS-20, or the mouse, but eventually they will move, but in entirely jerky, and non-linear manners. Any ideas for this too?

Thanks in advance,
Geoff
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, rather than open it up and disconnect wires, wouldn't it be much easier just to filter out the mod wheel data in whatever MIDI application you use..?

Sounds like a hardware issue to me - try giving the mod wheel pots a squirt with compressed air or contact cleaner - might help...
rock machine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further my trials with this stupid thing, now the MS20 is sending mod wheel numbers even after I disabled the wire to it. On top of that, if I go to move any controller, it immediately starts spitting out random CC1 messages. That's just great! Now it is going to be sitting here basically taking up space in a studio that really doesn't have any extra space. Thanks Korg.
korguser65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: cc7 woes for me... Reply with quote

I have the same problem....started a few months ago....tried everything,reinstall...update drivers etc etc. no joy! Tried it with another computer....and various DAW's ...same problem. Starting to look like a hardware issue to me.
I did manage to work around it by filtering out cc7(volume).
Any ideas korg people?
rock machine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest: After disconnecting the wire set that go to the mod wheel and aftertouch button, I was astounded to have exactly the same problems! How could this possibly be? I reattached the wires again. Another thing that happens, is that if I move any controller, it can automatically start doing the same thing to the mod wheel CC. Of course this has made the MS-20 next to useless in terms of actually being a controller. What a pain in the ass!
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software, formware or driver issues? A dodgy pot somewhere else?
rich_h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that the wire you have disconnected is connected to ground otherwise the wire will float electrically and could produce output.
rock machine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich and Ben,
I amde sure when I did disconnect it that it was taped down so that it couldn't touch anything else, but as I had the same problems happening with it connected or disconnected, I now think that it doesn't have anything to do with that set of 4 leads, but with something altogether different. As Ben suggested, I suppose it could be a dodgy pot too, but as it seems to recur regardless of which pots are turned, I think it could be a software issue, but have no idea of what. I have the latest USB driver form the site and it has made no difference, so don't really know what else to do. When I last had it apart, I looked at everything to see if anything looked askew, but couldn't see anything obvious. The whole panel with the pots though are hidden by a panel on its opposite side and I really didn't feel like getting into taking apart too.
Rock Machine
korguser65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: update!!! Reply with quote

i had a spare usb cable lying around...tried it....it WORKS!!!
in my case it was a bodgy cable. Hope this is good news for all of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: