Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adding drums to a song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: adding drums to a song Reply with quote

Hi all,

How can I cycle through the preset drum beats in the M50, and how can I add a preset drumbeat to a song? I would like to use some of the preset drums that can be heard on combis within a sequencer song.
candlewick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are playing that combi with the drum beat you like......just press the gray circle next to the drum track name and a menu will pop up allowing you to cycle through all the drum patterns. You could then save the new combi with your selected drum track and bring that entire combi into the sequencer for recording.

"I Need More Cowbell!!"
-Todd

TritonLE76,X3R, M50-61, TD6V V-drum module w/ Pintech Mesh Triggers
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easy way to get to know the patterns is to pick a Program in Program Mode you like the drum Track sound of, and then go to the Pattern assigned to the Drum Track and scroll around to listen to others. Each Pattern has the name of a kit that it is mapped to use, so if you move to something different it may sound a bit odd, or you may like what it does. But use this method to listen through things, changing to different Programs/Drum Tracks for variety.

Read up on the Pattern Mode in the Sequencer... Commands like Put To Track, and Copy To Track are the key to it.

You can also use the RPPR function to map drum patterns to keys on the keyboard and play around changing patterns interactively.

Also, try using the Template Songs with their Copy Pattern To Track function.

You'll find plenty of ways to have fun.

Regards,

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: