Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can You Say Oasys?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Can You Say Oasys? Reply with quote

Hey,
I bought the new CD from Enigma, Seven Lives Many Faces. Its good, I hoped for better but I liked it.
Anyways, it sure sound like a lot of it was from the Oasys.
Especially this track,

Also, When I loaded that tracks into my computer they were huge. like 22mb. Which exactly how they come out of the Oasys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSLFLSPwvZg

Of course I could be wrong but it so sounds like it to me! I mean just like the Strings and the flute. Obviously the Voices are samples but even the Drumkits sound Oasysian.
Do you agree?

puravida
DJ
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the last album had a few Oasys sounds on it,which are easily spotted,there's the intro FX on "Alchemist"and the Wavesequence sound on "Dreaming of Andromeda"which is throughout the track but most prominent at the breakdown

And there's also the "Da Vinci" sound from the V synth used on the Album,which is the solo male voice sample part on "Eppur Si Muove"played direct out of the box.and the chanting Indian on "Goodbye Milky way" is also a PCM sample from the V synth

I'd also say the Guitar part at the start in "Invisible Love" is very Korg perhaps maybe even the Triton its sounds very similar to a sound from the Triton Extreme,and very close to the My baby's Sleeping " Guitar Combi preset on the Triton so chances are it was maybe a sound from the Oasys,but haven't found the sound but its so "Korg"

MC has never been afraid of using Korg preset sounds in all his albums,His racks were lined with Korg stuff anyway so its easy to hear many of the presets in his tracks,
you could almost say the whole album catalogue features no end of Wavestation textures,it's certainly been used a lot over most of the albums for washes and evolving pads,theres also some 01W pads on the albums,and the M1 was used heavily on "MCMXC"
I can hear no end of preset stuff from the Triton in "Voyageur"including a whole combi sound/arpeggio in "The look of today.

I dare say this new album is possibly riddled with Oasys sounds,will have to check the album out
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Well the last album had a few Oasys sounds on it,which are easily spotted,there's the intro FX on "Alchemist"and the Wavesequence sound on "Dreaming of Andromeda"which is throughout the track but most prominent at the breakdown

And there's also the "Da Vinci" sound from the V synth used on the Album,which is the solo male voice sample part on "Eppur Si Muove"played direct out of the box.and the chanting Indian on "Goodbye Milky way" is also a PCM sample from the V synth

I'd also say the Guitar part at the start in "Invisible Love" is very Korg perhaps maybe even the Triton its sounds very similar to a sound from the Triton Extreme,and very close to the My baby's Sleeping " Guitar Combi preset on the Triton so chances are it was maybe a sound from the Oasys,but haven't found the sound but its so "Korg"

MC has never been afraid of using Korg preset sounds in all his albums,His racks were lined with Korg stuff anyway so its easy to hear many of the presets in his tracks,
you could almost say the whole album catalogue features no end of Wavestation textures,it's certainly been used a lot over most of the albums for washes and evolving pads,theres also some 01W pads on the albums,and the M1 was used heavily on "MCMXC"
I can hear no end of preset stuff from the Triton in "Voyageur"including a whole combi sound/arpeggio in "The look of today.

I dare say this new album is possibly riddled with Oasys sounds,will have to check the album out

Wow. I didn't know He used that much of Korg. I knew it in the "Dreaming Of Andromeda" but because I don't own the rest didn't realize it.
Its nice to know he uses the same equipment us mortals do. Very Happy
Do check out the new one. Its worth it. the song Pueblo Del Cielo or the Ibizia version of that:D, is really great.

puravida
elche
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ultimate Dj]
Wow. I didn't know He used that much of Korg. I knew it in the "Dreaming Of Andromeda" but because I don't own the rest didn't realize it.
Do check out the new one. Its worth it. the song Pueblo Del Cielo or the Ibizia version of that:D, is really great.

puravida
elche[/quote]

His racks are full were full of Korg gear,and a stacks of Rolands (JV1080/JV2080VX5080/V Synth XT)infact he had almost 2 of every module,I know he has 2 Wavestations AD/2 Tritons/2 Trinity racks/2 01W as well as a Z1 and Oasys and Theres things Like the Novation Supernova and Midimoog racks in amongst them as well as a host of outboard fx and processors
He had simplified his setup in recent albums using mainly the Oasys and V synths and mostly plugins
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
[quote="Ultimate Dj]

puravida
elche

His racks are full were full of Korg gear,and a stacks of Rolands (JV1080/JV2080VX5080/V Synth XT)infact he had almost 2 of every module,I know he has 2 Wavestations AD/2 Tritons/2 Trinity racks/2 01W as well as a Z1 and Oasys and Theres things Like the Novation Supernova and Midimoog racks in amongst them as well as a host of outboard fx and processors
He had simplified his setup in recent albums using mainly the Oasys and V synths and mostly plugins[/quote]

How do you know all that? have you seen it somewhere? If so, could you supply the link?
thanks.
also any guess how he got those drumkits?
like theses Drumkits? their just incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpXUlJVj4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlr19R0Yzc

puravida
elche
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From bits and pieces of literature I've read with the promotion of said albums

As for Drumkits,I know he used a lot of sample CDs for majority of the drum loops on the albums,and overdubs them with heavily processed individual sounds or other loops

check out http://www.enigmamusic.com/studio/studio5.html,although this is an old setup,I know he had a special console made for the last album,which looked like something out of a sci-fi movie

One of the best looking and ergonomical studios I've ever seen,would love to have an hour in there with Cretu,talking all things Korg,to me the environment and cleanliness of a studio is as important and inspirational as the Instruments themselves,I hate studios cluttered with cables,I'd be very comfortable in that studio setup
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I was just in my O and heard the Motion Synth UE113 called Wavalution or something. I know Cretu used in one of his songs....any idea which song?
thanx

oh and can you whip me up some of those drum kits! Very Happy Wink

puravida
DJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: