Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS Bugs, Beware!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikolay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was 1.0.1 when I got it. I first did the upgrade to 1.0.3 and then the calibration (several times, as I was not really happy with the precision). I have read your post before doing the calibration and decided to first do the upgrade and then calibrate - this might be the key for not having a problem.

What version is your M50 - 61 or 88?

You might have a bad luck and having a faulty unit (something that could happen with unit from any brand) and the OS might not be guilty for these calibration problems (could be a hardware problem or combination of both), but it might be a good practice to first do the OS upgrade before doing the calibration.

Maybe somebody from Korg could advise?
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

progg wrote:
go to thomann.de or musicstore.de - they've been selling m50 for a couple a weeks at least.
price: 1000 euro.

Only a German warranty with German purchases. Please support retailers in your own country.
nikolay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does not put any light on the screen calibration issue - is there a known software/hardware problem and should we avoid calibrating the screen?
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is no known issue with calibrating the screen. Unfortunately for rburce he has a unit with some issue, that needs to be checked out. We're sorry this happened, but it is a completely isolated incident as far as I can see.

regards,

Jerry
nikolay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jerry, it is good to know that we can use this function without praying and lighting a candle before and after the calibration Wink
rbrucemtl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Korg origami Reply with quote

After a long wait, a piece of paper repaired my screen...

I noticed the recent post announcing the 1.0.5 update so I decided to try it and see if that would help me with my screen issues. I did the two step update and then re-tried to calibrate my screen and it still would not work. I had three weeks to wait before my replacement unit would be available, so I got resourceful.

I thought to myself it seems as if the top right square on the calibration page will not turn dark because the first calibration some how was sensed off the touchable area of the screen. So took a piece of paper and 'gently' SHOVED it under the mettle of the M50 and sure enough the square turned dark. I repeated this three times and each time the calibration became more accurate. My screen is now working perfect and I can recalibrate repeatedly with out issue.

I am now really enjoying the m50 and will post more soon.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - great news - glad you worked out the troubles. Now enjoy the instrument.

Regards,

Jerry
KorgPH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
progg wrote:
go to thomann.de or musicstore.de - they've been selling m50 for a couple a weeks at least.
price: 1000 euro.

Please support retailers in your own country.

+1,000,001 !!!

Very Happy
shabbee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: The piece of paper trick Reply with quote

The trick with the piece of paper has been around since Trinity, sometimes bit of debris can get caught and the screen thinks it's being pressed. Glad you got it sorted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: