Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50: good for killers & coldplay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m1k3n1t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: M50: good for killers & coldplay? Reply with quote

I'm in a cover band that mainly plays music of The Killers and Coldplay, and I was wondering if the M50 has good ambient synth pads and leads found in this kind of music? Thanks. Smile

And how's the main piano patch?

One more question, are touch screens on synths in general reliable? How long do they last? How's the M50's?

Thanks again. Very Happy
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: M50: good for killers & coldplay? Reply with quote

m1k3n1t wrote:
are touch screens on synths in general reliable? How long do they last?

I have a Korg Triton with a touch screen that's 8 years old. Still works fine.

As far as synth pads and leads, I'm sure you will be very happy with the M50. Not sure about the piano....didn't try it when I auditioned the keyboard.

Cool
auralplane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The piano is actually acceptable! Smile

Partly because of the dual stage sustain pedal. Very realistic sound and playing.

The synth pads are good on the M50. Sure, it's not an MS2000, but they are usuable for that music just fine.

Auralplane
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

touchscreen are reliable, i had it on trinity (10 years of rehersal and gig), on V-synth ( 2 year now), and on M3 and M50, never had a problem.

then, piano patch on m50 are quite good, not exceptional for piano solo but acceptable.

pad synth, good, but imho for killer and coldplay would be better to look for a real VA or a real analogue
StudioMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mixed a grand, and a piano that you can hear the hammers hitting the strings with just a little reverb,, it sounds awesome in the monitors and INCREDIBLE thru my in-ears (with the little subs build in them).

Korg is the leader in synth sounds. The patches sound GREAT! The REAL benefit, is the ease of editing the patches to make exactly what you need..

I was nervous about the touch screen myself. But it seems sweet! I did buy the extended warranty tho,,, and generally I never buy those. Mainly due to my fear of the screen. BUt it does seem VERY well built in my opinion.

I don't think there is anything in it's league that is even a close 2nd place! Seriously! Go hear this thing!!

Mike
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StudioMan wrote:
I don't think there is anything in it's league that is even a close 2nd place! Seriously! Go hear this thing!!

I'd agree 100%. Cool
Boynton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the M50 tonight at Guitar Center running through a pair of M-Audio BX5s. I thought the main piano sound was quite nice. Very playable and good for a wide variety of styles. In fact, the mono piano was much less satisfactory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: