Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M50 pianos and organs...and other goods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
progg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Korg M50 pianos and organs...and other goods Reply with quote

Considering korg.com they intended M50 to be a performer's tool - that's why i think pianos and organs are so important. I'm especially keen ot el. pianos and organs. Featured mp3's failed to give a proper impression on them- maybe this one called "Keep It simple" gives some light on some rhodes sounds, but i'm affraid that's not enough - actually i didn't liked what i heard - i hoped these sounds would be better than my old Tr61. Looking from desent rhodes and b3s was the reason i switched from TR to Nord Electro2. Yes, i have a very good organ now but i'm still not satisfied from electro's rhodes - they sound so moody, their warmth is kinda artificial and they lack brightness even edited...so, i'm on the road again looking for good and non-expensive rhodes patches - i found one on the new roland sonic cell but its interface with this one and only wheel - imagine it on the stage...Furthermore i'm in love in korg synth sounds - i wouldn't want to lose them forever and when i heard about M50 is comming, i was very anxious about all this. No matter how much i was digging, i couldn't find proper demos (M3 mp3s and videos, Derek Sherinian's video on NAmm and so on) i'm affraid what i heard from rhodes and organs sounds kind of thin to me. And because judging by the downloadable m50 voice list there are so many pianos and organs available in the unit, i still keep some hope:) Anyone heard or tried m50? Korg pads and moving synths are so beautiful...but playng Doobie bros and CCR or Eagles in clubs ( which is my part time job) totally excludes them:) Still they are more than welcome in my domestic prog rock tunes. Anyway..i think i'll give korg another try....
p.s anyone knows if m50 will read m3's new programs - they include more new rhodes and organs...and pads too:)
FifthElement

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried out an M50 yesterday. I also have an Electro2 and still think the B3 and electric pianos on this are the best (for live work anyway).

However, I found the pianos, EPs and even organs on the M50 to be excellent! I was amazed by the quality and variety, having not used Korg keyboards for many years (used Roland gear mainly).

You really need to play the M50 through a good pair of monitors to be able to judge the quality of the sounds and whether they suit your needs.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own a M50 and have to say that acoustic piano and organ are good, better than one you can fine on trinity/triton series.

never had a Nord Electro so cannot compare, regarding EP, i cannot judge since i do not use such sounds and have no reference of a "good EP sounds", anyway in last number of Keyboard mag there is a review of M50 where EP is said to be very good.

btw, my suggestion is to try one if you can since telling if one sound is good or not is higly subjective.
von haulshoven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organs on the m50 sounds great, I upload soon an organ track to myspace made with the m50, title;
organice twice.
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely recommend trying an M50 with a decent set of headphones. You will hear it as it should be and be able to make a more informed choice. I'm having to replace my monitors now because quite simply they don't do the M50 justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: