Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will the M50 get a voice expanding like the M3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgagent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Will the M50 get a voice expanding like the M3? Reply with quote

As we all know, M3 users have gotten expanded voices. If you compare M3 with M3 expanded voice list, there are a lot of new voices.
Will Korg bring out an expansion like that for the M50 too?
Korg MicroX
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that updates and improvements are very likely, and that there will probably be some new programs and combis. But I also suspect that we won't see anything like the Expanded update for the M3 for a long time, if ever. The M50 is already an amazing product for the price, and Korg needs to preserve a meaningful distinction between the M50 and the M3 in order to continue selling the latter. As one who has recently decided to go with the M50 instead of the M3, I certainly hope I'm wrong!

Los
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even do not forget that M3 has 14 banks available, while M50 has "only" 6 that are almost totally filled when you buy it. so i think is more likely that different .PCG file would be released rather than an expansion set as for m3
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to consider, is a place for users to post Combi mixes so other users can possibly find settings they need.

For my live uses, so far, there has NOT been a single program or Combi I'm using (I have around 10 songs done so far, including learning the keyboard parts). And these combis are a trial & error thing. So far, what sounds best thru the mains is closest to setting up thru my little Acoustic $120 bass practice amp. I keep in my family room (And I have a tuned mix position in my studio).

It would be nice to have a team effort working on Combis (and tweaking programs too for that matter).
There WILL be two sets of Combis/programs, some for live (dependent on the application), others for recording.

Instead of Korg (basically) wasting time mixing combis together, it would be MUCH or productive for them to get more samples we can bring in or out of the M50. Which is possible with this technology. Or better yet, an application that would allow the user to import the sample(s) into the M50 using either the SD card &/or USB/or Midi.

This is one of the biggest advantages of the M3 compared to the M50.

But hey, I'm not complaining in any way about my M50! It's MUCH MORE than I hoped for being utilized for live performance to fill in the holes left with only a guitar & bass.
Oh, my main objective for this investment, to be able to have a fairly realistic guitar and bass with one hand for use during leads (we just lost our rhythm guitarist). And already it is looking VERY promising on this objective, but it is also adding piano for some of the intros. and sounds I can fire using a foot switch (Which I'm getting ready to add a midi foot switch bank into my setup within days).

Just my two cents!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: