Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 questions about the future of the M50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: 2 questions about the future of the M50 Reply with quote

Does anybody knows:

1.How big is the internal OS rom of the M50?

2.Will be any major new OS available from KORG in the future?

Regards,
Dimitris
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) From Korg.com M50 is packed with over 600 individual sound programs, each one created by Korg’s renowned international voicing team. With a robust 256 MB of sample data

2) It's a NEW product, just available 11-1-08 in the USA (USA is the largest market is my understanding for such a product).
At this point, Korg has NO competition in this class of keyboard, they don't need to do crap except market it correctly.

But Korg isn't stupid, once everyone else comes on-board with something to compete with the M50, Korg will figure something out to re-spark the M50 to the fore-runner in it's class. Most likely, it will be a memory upgrade (the cheapest thing to make $ on in another 1 1/2 to 2 years as memory prices continue to plummet).

But like I said, at this point, for around $1k, nothing is going to compete for a Do-it-all-on-a-budget keyboard.

GO try one, you will be as impressed as I am!!! The reviews are VERY good so far. Really, just buy one,,, you'll quickly see how nice this thing is for the $!!

I hope this helps!

Mike
kev410

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Just ordered M50 Reply with quote

Smile I was considering the Yamaha MO8 up until Korg released the M50, and after spending an afternoon at music store with both units going through same speakers...realized traditional sounds like piano are so close but favored the M50. The sequencer on the M50, though much more sophisticated, works much like my old Ensoniq MR76,,where the yamaha was not as intuitive to use for me.

So I ordered M50 88 key version..waited keys are great..even better then Mo8

Can't wait!

Kevin
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev,

Your going to be REALLY happy! I almost bought the MO6 in late Sept., decided to wait for the M50 (Even tho at the time I never saw one in person). Not saying anything is wrong with the MO's, just older technology compared to the M50..

M50 was realeased 11-1,,, first time Sam Ash had the 18months SAC,,, I got mine!

I LOVE my M50! I'm so glad I waited!! (But I still love Yamaha products, but Korg has this class of workstations cornered with the M50).

Keep us posted as to what you do/when you get it!

Mike
kev410

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Thanks StudioMan Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of confidence. You will definately be hearing from me again..probably with questions! LOL

I'm a commercial photographer and on the computer all day with digital images & photoshop. I like that the M50 has the touch screen for the sequencer so that I can just compose and stay off a computer.

What's your favorite piano sound?

Kevin
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic for this particular posting,,,, but ok.

My favorite piano sounds are the grand (A20 I believe). A000 isn't bad.
But I mixed a combi that sounds REALLY good thru two different set of mains (In different rooms).
Today was the first I could sit down and do a fair side-by-side comparison on the sounds at a tuned mix position.

I'm still undecided which piano sounds the best/most real.

I'm working on a few combis trying to get that perfect piano.. It's tough man. Like mixing, will sound PERFECT on once system/location, then change systems or location, I'm questioning my ears (if you know what I mean.).

Once I feel really good about my combis, I'll post them somewhere so M50 users can try them and tell me what they think.. I'll keep you posted on that issue.

Lates,

Mike
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) From Korg.com M50 is packed with over 600 individual sound programs, each one created by Korg’s renowned international voicing team. With a robust 256 MB of sample data

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.
My first question has to do with the internal OS space because from this memory chip depends somehow the future of M50 regarding any new updates. It has nothing to do with the 256mb internal sample data.

Anyway, I believe -and very soon I will try one- that m50 it's a great keyboard for the price!

Regards,
Dimitris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: