Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50-61 or Motif XS-61
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philobeddeo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basari,

Wow dude,all that experience you have, & yet you still manage to be full of crap...how sad.
I think I speak for everyone here,when I say that your unwarranted bashing of the M50 is not appreciated here at all,as it's not credible at all...you just seem to get off on spamming & flaming on this forum.

If you dislike the M50 that much & you never intend on buying one for yourself,then why are you wasting your time here?Why don't you just find something better to do with your time?
Or is it that you don't have anything better to do?...that's really sad also.

This is my first time posting on this forum,but I have been observing this forum for a while & I am a member at another Korg forum as well.

Venting out minor greivances over a product that you like,but are disappointed with certain aspects of it are one thing,but your attacking a product you have absolutely no interest in and that's not cool.

Keep talking s**t if you must,but eventually everyone here will ignore you & you won't exist,as far as everyone here is concerned.

-Philo
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said, bow to me first then talk...just wait for my crowd and be happy you
are not in MY area of the forum...i have no words for you, you aint worth the
time, go say Hi to the other people first then start talking in here...i am off
with you...you are on ignore...keep talking to your self...as for me being
ignored...ehehehehehehe... Question
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys come on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Toy, not toy, who cares? It does what it does and extremely well at that. Right now in terms of price, features and sound there really isn't anything else out there to compare in that sector of the market.

It's completely pointless constantly comparing the M50 to the Yamaha's or Roland's. They are chalk and cheese and the ONLY way to make a choice is to go to a store and play them for yourself. Asking what other people think is not really helpful because it's what YOU think that counts. It's about what suits YOU, not what suits someone else. We choose one or the other because we prefer the sound and features that either Yamaha or Korg or Roland make available to us at a price we can afford.

For me personally Yamaha just didn't have anything to offer at that price point that would do what I wanted it to do and I have already owned a Roland X6 and Fantom XA....both great keyboards by the way but just didn't suit me.

Oh and let's just clear up this "pro/semi-pro" thing. The equipment is completely irrelevant. It's all about do you get paid for a gig? If you do gigs occasionally not as a full time job and you get paid then your a semi-pro musician. If it's your full time occupation then your a pro musician. That's all it means guys and you can do either with the most modest of equipment or Yamaha/Korg/Roland's top of the range gear. It doesn't matter as long as you do a good job and your customers are happy with the end result.

So, can we get on enjoying our M50's, sharing tips and information etc and try to veer away from the comparison arguments?
John_J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...
Setting aside the fact that this is a completely unfair comparison,
just to answer the original poster, I'd say:
If I had a Motif XS and an M50 in front of me, and I could only take one home (Again, money not being an object, ridiculous as it seems),
I'd go for the Motif XS. Very Happy

BUT, since we all live in the real world, where money grows not on trees, and I'm not a pro keyboardist anyways, I ordered an M50 and am looking forward to enjoying it and putting it to good use in my home studio.
And I'm sure I will. Smile

Seriously, in KL, a Motif XS could buy 3 M50s! 0.o
kev410

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Basari Reply with quote

Hey Basari..your quote at the end of all your post says it all...

"I’m not a slave to the technology. The machines have to do what I want!"...Michael Cretu (Enigma)!

You have no talent and need the keyboard to get you by.
What would you do with an old upright piano in the corner of a room?
Where's your aftertouch? Where's your $5000 PA systems?

Go get some piano lessons!
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Basari Reply with quote

kev410 wrote:
What would you do with an old upright piano in the corner of a room?

Come to you so you can teach me!
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL,,, you guys are REALLY FUNNY! This drama is part of what I like about Forums.

Facts are this:
$1000set of keys is PERFECT for a live rig, such as the Black Eye Peas. I believe that last tour (which the entire tour was on a M08, a $1k set of keys) generated just over $300mil. To a poor guy like me who has never done over $2mil in a year, that is a lot of $!!!!

For what I personally consider "Real recorded music" (Real guitars, bass, cymbals), a M50 filling in the gaps is GREAT!

But for the techno stuff (which I don't mind listening to a little), the M50 would NOT be my first choice..

Cut Barsari a little slack, it's just a point he was trying to get at. The point is, you CAN'T compare an apple to an orange.. Yes, both are fruit, but go ahead and eat the peel off the orange and let me know how it tastes..

Really, the biggest problem/issue with the M50 is the outs. If there was say a SPDIF out, the M50 would record "wider/Cleaner/better", there is no doubt in my mind.

As far as we know, Barsari is some big-time producer making millions of $ on music,,, and should that be the case, as far as I'm concerned, he can dog on my $1k keyboard all he wants to, he's earned the right..

If you need MASSIVE amounts of custom sounds stacked, without a doubt the M50 should NOT be your 1st choice.

If a GREAT live sound is what you want, with ease of use, a nice "Pro look" (to non-musicians), easy to move around, and the feel if something bad happens to it on the road, you won't be considering killing yourself over it, for around $1k,,,, The M50 IS THE TICKET! It is without a doubt the LEADER in it's class!

Would you agree with that Barsari?

Don't start on me guys (LOL)! I am a PROUD OWNER of a m50-61, I LOVE it, it's perfect for me, more perfect than the M3 (for me right now for my current needs). I suggest EVERYONE looking at keys in the $2k and down range at least look at the M50, it might be perfect for you!

Mike
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i actually tell you what are the synths i mostly use you'll be laughing.
Casio CZ-101 100-150$ and KORG PROPHECY 500-700$ worth.
John_J

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, btw! Smile
Forgot to mention,
I sold my Motif Classic 6 to fund my M50-61! Very Happy
What'cha think of that?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt...if thats what you need thats what you need.
John_J

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
I wouldnt...if thats what you need thats what you need.

Yup, agreed. Very Happy To each his own. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: