Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor and patch assignments?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walsingham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Editor and patch assignments? Reply with quote

Hi, Have had the m50 a week - it is amazing , but i am still stuck on the editor and recording - it says in the manual :
"
" Load either the standalone Editor, or start your host DAW and load the M50 Editor as a plug-in.
a. No need to open 16 of them to control all 16 sounds- One instance of the plug-in does all the work
How do you tell each track to play different patch ? i change individual midi channels on tracks but whatever is selected in editor is what all tracks play -
I know this must be basic - i really have looked in manuals /online - no help)
Should i just go the standard midi cable route ?

XP
Cubase 4

Kind Regards
wals
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure in the stand alone version,,
But for the VSTi::::

Use Combi Mode. Assign each channel a program. In Cubase, assign each part to a channel..

Then, of course you'll need to do normal routing within Cubase (or whatever DAW your using).

It will work perfect...

Mike
walsingham

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - i figured out what was messing with me - the channels in cubase to channels in editor are off by 5 - so it seemed nothing was changing cause they were not matched up - i also used "m50 sound" in midi track NOT Editor - i think the user pugface said to do that , thats not whats in the manual , is that what you do to ?
now to figure out whats with the offset occuring and whos the guilty party - i think ill reset m50 to make sure i didnt screw with any settings in there during my quest , off hand , do you know what setting in cubase might cause this channel offset ?
thanks
Wals
StudioMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

Not to confuse you, but I think your mixing two separate issues, GM Midi conversions to M50, and Midi Channeling..

Just set your Part in C4 to whatever track/channel to match the track/channel in your combi mode.. It's that simple!

If it's plays wrong notes, THEN it's a GM conversion issue..

Let me know if this makes sense, just in a rush right now... Sorry..

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: