Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

expert advise NEED IN BUYING KORG Keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yeshwant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: expert advise NEED IN BUYING KORG Keyboard Reply with quote

HI

I use Bollywood karoke tracks to sing, I have a Bose L1 Personal amplification system and use a Bose T1 Tone match engine for singing. I need some advise on buying a KORG keyboard , My budget is US$ 5000. My son is a very good keyboard player and I would like to use his talent to make 2-3 man band. I would like to buy something that will be useful for at least another 3-4 years and which I can use for both live performance and making new Bollywood tracks.

Is it possible to import /load existing tracks into the keyboard and improve their sounds or make some pitch/beat corrections and play them thru the keyboard.

I have been reading about workstation, synthesizer, arranger i am now fully confused.

My son is 14 years old has exceptional talent at playing the piano, currently he controls the bose system, mixer etc while i am on stage, would like to use his talent and get rid of playing thru the laptop,ipod my readymade Karoke tracks. can i get something decent from KORG or do you think ROLAND or YAMAHA might have a keyboard for my application.

For BOLLYWOOD/INDIAN songs which is the best suited in my BUDGET.
Question
OmarNoori

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the korg pa series Very Happy .

Korg Pa800
krazy78

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The basic differences between W/station, synth, arranger keyboards.

SYNTH, mainly a sound design tool, capable of generating a wide range of synthetic sounds, usually limited polyphony, no sequencer (which means you cant load midi files or tracks to play back)

WORKSTATION, mainly for studio applications, live playing, songwriting, recording, its packed with sounds such as organs, guitars, pianos, brass, drums etc. has sequencing, midi file player, & lots of editing & sound design options.

ARRANGER, has everything a W/station has, plus a STYLE feature, which can be a great live playing tool, comes packed with lots of music styles, rock, ballad, dance, etc. plus you can load or create your own.

After reading your post it sounds like you're looking for something like an arranger keyboard, maybe an 88 note hammer action keybed. For US $5000 you can certainly get something professional. The best thing to suggest is to go to a large music dealer & try out different keyboards to see which is more suitable for YOUR needs. There are lots of choices.You can get something decent from either KORG, ROLAND,or YAMAHA, but as I said, it is a matter of taste as to which is best for what you're looking for.

Check out www.korgpa.com, www.korg.com
www.rolandus.com, www.yamaha.com
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to focus on a little point...

Quote:
ARRANGER, has everything a W/station has, plus a STYLE feature, which can be a great live playing tool, comes packed with lots of music styles, rock, ballad, dance, etc. plus you can load or create your own.

From what I can understand by Krazy's post, it seems that Arrangers are better than workstation...I can say yes and no, because it highly depends on your specific needs.
Trust your ears and read manuals before you buy anything, it's a great way to discover if a keyb is or not for you!

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your budget and needs, the Pa2X Pro Arranger is absolutely the best choice for you. You need something that can use Oriental scales, voices, and musical styles, and the Pa2XPro is top of the line for that. You probably will really like the built-in TC Helicon vocal processor. It has a hard drive with double MP3 playback with live transpose, MP3 recording and most importantly: KAR file playback.

The Pa2XPro also has the VIF4 - Video Interface Board option specifically for karaoke.

The Pa2XPro is Korg's flagship arranger and is easily the most powerful karaoke keyboard that will be a good investment for a long time. No other Korg keyboard comes close for your needs, and I don't know of any other model from Yamaha or Roland that is better for you. The Yamaha Tyros 2 would be the closest, but still a distant second choice for you.

http://www.korgpa.com
Yeshwant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE KORG M3 Reply with quote

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE GUYS.

NOW I AM CONSIDERING THE KORG PA2X BUT IT IS JUST A LITTLE BIT OUT OF MY BUDGET, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE KORG M3 FOR MY PURPOSE. Confused
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE KORG M3 Reply with quote

Yeshwant wrote:

...My budget is US$ 5000...

For BOLLYWOOD/INDIAN songs which is the best suited in my BUDGET.

Yeshwant wrote:
NOW I AM CONSIDERING THE KORG PA2X BUT IT IS JUST A LITTLE BIT OUT OF MY BUDGET, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE KORG M3 FOR MY PURPOSE. Confused

Perhaps you shouldn't lie about your budget in the first place.

No, the M3 is probably not for you. You'd be better off with one of the lower model arrangers, the PA1X, PA800, PA500. Or buy a used one. Or look at the Yamaha PSR-OR700.
BollywoodFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: No Arranger Reply with quote

From my experience, arrangers are not a good fit for bollywood music. The built it styles do not even come close to Indian beats and you will end up prgramming from scratch. It is better to go for a work station like M3 or TR.

Roland Fantom G is also an option. Lot of Indian instrument sounds can be obtained for these work stations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: