Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to get M3 programs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FifthElement

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamahaForums wrote:
The Producer file from the M3 downloads page is the one you want. It's inside the M3_V120 download. When you extract it you will find three folders. The M3SYS which I think is the update for the M3 and not applicable for us, the Manuals folder and last the Producer folder.

Inside the Producer folder there should be two .pcg's. One labelled PRODUC88.PCG and the other called PRODUCER.PCG. Just choose the 88 if you have the M5-88 and the other file if your have the M50-61.

Copy the file to your SD card then stick it in the M50 and access it through Media mode. You should then be able to load it without any problems. As I said before though, don't bother with the combi's as they wont work properly.

Many thanks for the clear instructions.

There are some good patches in there which didn't make it on to the M50. I like the way you can audition patches just by opening them rather than loading.

Just need to make some room to load up all this good stuff!

Fender Strat Plus Deluxe, Ibanez MESA, Line6 Variax, Line6 POD 2.0
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamahaForums wrote:
The Producer file from the M3 downloads page is the one you want. It's inside the M3_V120 download. When you extract it you will find three folders. The M3SYS which I think is the update for the M3 and not applicable for us, the Manuals folder and last the Producer folder.

Inside the Producer folder there should be two .pcg's. One labelled PRODUC88.PCG and the other called PRODUCER.PCG. Just choose the 88 if you have the M50-88 and the other file if your have the M50-61.

Copy the file to your SD card then stick it in the M50 and access it through Media mode. You should then be able to load it without any problems. As I said before though, don't bother with the combi's as they wont work properly.

Attention: the producer file from M3_V120 work with ROM samples slightly different from the ones present in the M3V2.0 and M50.
FifthElement

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't know (I didn't), but there are a bunch of excellent community created M3 pcgs over on the Karma-lab Wiki site.

There are some rock/blues organs and overdriven guitars on there which are the most authentic and useable I have ever heard! They really show what Korgs latest technology can do - very impressive.

Fender Strat Plus Deluxe, Ibanez MESA, Line6 Variax, Line6 POD 2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: