Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP on Korg Trinity Plus 61 key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikaelsynth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: HELP on Korg Trinity Plus 61 key Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am a new begineer with my first Korg Trinity Plus 61 Keys.

My Trinity has floppy and i have upgrade software to ver. 3.1.1.

I like to learn how can create DRUMS sample and play back as the same time i play keyboard.

Does 8Mb Flash Rom Playback-Sampler installed in my Trinity Plus or not?

Do i need any hardware to playback samples, like as DRUMS sample?

I have all manual, i have read that Basic manual many times, but still not a clue at all.

I hope that i hear from you...

I wish all of you a good time with your KORG........
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikael, welcome to the forum.

Quote:

As it's a Trinity Plus, you should already have the Solo-TRI (Korg Prophecy) expansion option installed by default (unless it was removed).

To see if your keyboard has any other expansion options installed, switch your keyboard on and look at the temporary boot up screen. It will list the options you have on the bottom right corner of the screen. If you have a PBS-TRI option installed, or any other options, they will be listed here.

Quote:

Version 2.4.1 was the last operating system version that supported Solo-TRI. Therefore if you have the Solo-TRI board installed you need to use Operating System version 2.4.1, not 3.1.1.

Later versions will not recognise the Solo-TRI board and thus will not be able to use it. Version 3.1.1 is merely used for the Moss-TRI board, which came out later. Solo and Moss are incompatible, hence the different OS versions.

You can reload version 2.4.1 back into your synth via the same 'upgrade' process (using two floppy disks, etc.). Take care while doing so, and don't interrupt or disturb the process.

Quote:

The Trinity has 257 drum samples of its own. A list of such can be seen here: [Korg Trinity drum-samples]

If you need to import your own external drum samples you would require the PBS-TRI option, or if you need to import your own external backing tracks you would require the HDR-TRI (Hard Disk Recorder) option along with a SCSI device.

Quote:
I like to learn how can create DRUMS sample and play back as the same time i play keyboard.

The Trinity is different to an arranger-type keyboard in that there are no preset auto-accompaniments. You will have to program your own drum sequences into the Trinity's sequencer (or use an external MIDI sequencer) to trigger the Trinity's drum samples. I tend to use the Trinity's sequencer and program layers of drums using the loop facility, and then assign these to different channels on the sequencer for processing with different effects, EQ, etc.
Mikaelsynth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
Hi Mikael, welcome to the forum.

Quote:

As it's a Trinity Plus, you should already have the Solo-TRI (Korg Prophecy) expansion option installed by default (unless it was removed).

Mikael: By Solo-Tri, you mean hardware or Software option?

To see if your keyboard has any other expansion options installed, switch your keyboard on and look at the temporary boot up screen. It will list the options you have on the bottom right corner of the screen. If you have a PBS-TRI option installed, or any other options, they will be listed here.

Mikael : I have turned ON Trinity, but i see just Korg Trinity Plus logo and software ver: 2.4.1(I have changed from 3.1.1 to 2.4.1).

Quote:

Version 2.4.1 was the last operating system version that supported Solo-TRI. Therefore if you have the Solo-TRI board installed you need to use Operating System version 2.4.1, not 3.1.1.

I have changed to ver. 2.4.1.

Later versions will not recognise the Solo-TRI board and thus will not be able to use it. Version 3.1.1 is merely used for the Moss-TRI board, which came out later. Solo and Moss are incompatible, hence the different OS versions.

You can reload version 2.4.1 back into your synth via the same 'upgrade' process (using two floppy disks, etc.). Take care while doing so, and don't interrupt or disturb the process.

Quote:

The Trinity has 257 drum samples of its own. A list of such can be seen

Mikael : Where in Trinity plus are these Drum samples????

here: [Korg Trinity drum-samples]

If you need to import your own external drum samples you would require the PBS-TRI option, or if you need to import your own external backing tracks you would require the HDR-TRI (Hard Disk Recorder) option along with a SCSI device.

Quote:

The Trinity is different to an arranger-type keyboard in that there are no preset auto-accompaniments. You will have to program your own drum sequences into the Trinity's sequencer (or use an external MIDI sequencer) to trigger the Trinity's drum samples. I tend to use the Trinity's sequencer and program layers of drums using the loop facility, and then assign these to different channels on the sequencer for processing with different effects, EQ, etc.

Mikael : I like to use Trinity Plus for arranger-type, what i need as hardware or software. Do you have any manual beyond that orginal manual for Trinity Plus????

Please guide me to get Trinity Plus more fun for me ......

Thanks for your response to my email.

I am waiting for your answer.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I like to use Trinity Plus for arranger-type, what i need as hardware or software.

The Trinity is a workstation, not an arranger. They are completely different things. A workstation works best with MIDI sequencing, either manually recording notes/drums into the Trinity's own sequencer, or triggering it externally.

The Trinity will not auto generate rhythms or styles for you. If want an arranger, you need to buy an arranger. Or you need an external computer program that generates GM rhythms or something to trigger the Trinity.

I believe Korg made some factory patterns for the Trinity, but these are rare (with them being discontinued for many years now) and I don't know anyone else who has them.

Essentially if you want your Trinity to play drums, you need to input the notes yourself, or use some kind of external MIDI sequencer.

Don't be put off, though. Delve into the Trinity's sequencer, and also check out the loop/pattern-edit tool accessed via the [P6] button in Seq mode. Korg's manuals are pretty good, and cover all this in detail.

Quote:
Do you have any manual beyond that orginal manual for Trinity Plus????

All the manuals for for the Trinity are available here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=239458#239458

I recommend looking at the the Basic Guide first, following by the Parameter Guide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: