Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One clickable patch/performance change.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runeharpun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: One clickable patch/performance change. Reply with quote

Is there a one-clickable way to change patch/performances? On my previous Roland board I could "lock" the leading zero, and just press the button 4 to get performance 4. This makes it easier to switch sounds during live play.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: One clickable patch/performance change. Reply with quote

runeharpun wrote:
Is there a one-clickable way to change patch/performances? On my previous Roland board I could "lock" the leading zero, and just press the button 4 to get performance 4. This makes it easier to switch sounds during live play.

There is not "a" way,,, there are MANY ways to set this up on the M50.. All will do what your trying to do.. It will be a preference on how to set it up, maybe it could be different from song to song (as it is for me).

Best thing, read the basic manual a couple times thru, this is covered many times!

I hope this helps!

Mike
runeharpun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the the only way to get one clickable patch/controller changes is to use the touch screen. But it's not easy getting the change when your attention is on the playing and the performance change should be as quick as possible.

When you play the patches, there was another option easier. In patch mode, the pressed keys are retriggered after a patch change. That means I can just manually enter the patch number a little while before the patch change, and then press enter the moment the patch should be switched. This doesn't happen with performances. I wish the notes would be retriggered at the performances too. But I guess that would be problems if drums and arps are playing as well.

But I still miss the option of locking the numbers, so I could press a number and a patch change MIDI signal would be sent right away without waiting for an 'enter' click.

Am I missing something here? I've read the manual but I couldn't find anything about this.

R
StudioMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see your Problem.

I have a live drummer, so making a patch (Combi or program) change, not an issue for me. And I setup so I don't need to make a change in a song anyways..

YOu could try to put both "Patches" into combis, then save them next to each other, then just hit the up or down one time.
But I'm not sure what will happen to the drums even if both combis are using the same drum pattern & kit. Not sure what will happen to the ARP either..

You could also set it up so (example) SW1 will switch the keybed to a different channel. That might be a better way to set it up, then the drums nor ARP will create an issue.

Just try it. Let me know what you find out.

Mike
runeharpun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Very Happy.

I've found out that using SW2 to turn the solo patch on/off will do the trick. Under Filter 1, I could set the output to 0 and AMS to +99 (controlled by SW2).

This makes it possible to use the same performance the whole song, making my setup much easier to manage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: