Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencing While Playing Tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stearman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Sequencing While Playing Tracks Reply with quote

I would like to play (and record) a keyboard part while listening to, and recording, one of the factory rhythm programs. Then, I would like to go back and record a second track listening to (accompanying) those two parts, and a third track, etc. creating a complete band arrangement. I am new to sequencers and electronic keyboards, but I understood this is what sequencers do. What keys do push to get the drum program to play and record while I add a keyboard part, or else can someone point me to the correct pages in the manual?
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the M50 sequencer (any sequencer for that matter) records like that. But only up to 16 tracks.

Assign the drums to track 10 (standard).

Then just press record on whichever track(s) you want to record on, then record the part.

If you haven't done so yet, read the printed manual sequencer chapter with the M50. Then, dig into the Param. guide sequencing chapter. It only takes a couple of hours to really get the details of the M50 sequencer. The hardest part to understand (at least for me) is editing the sequences in the M50. But again, once I figured it out, it makes sense. But regardless, it's much harder to use than SX3 midi editors.

I was/am used to the sequencer in SX3 (Cubase), which is mindless to use. The M50 sequencer is a little tricky to figure out, but it's one of those things that once you get it, you look back and say "oh, that makes sense".

Work hard, you will get it.

Good luck.

Mike
stearman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike (StudioMan). I will do that. I assume you can also go back over a track you don't like and re-record it without affecting the others? If yes, no need for details, I'll just crunch through the directions in the parameter catalog as you suggested.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very easy to re-record a track! (Honestly, did you even look at the quick manual?).
The compare button!

Enjoy!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: