Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M50 Editor - VSTi Plugin Integration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andreuz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Korg M50 Editor - VSTi Plugin Integration Reply with quote

One thing is for sure, one of the main reasons I purchased the Korg M50-88 was for it's awesome VST plugin capabilities and integration of the M50 along with all my VST's. The onboard sounds of the M50 was another important decision maker for me.

FYI . . if you have never used or heard of Brainspawn "FORTE" it is sweet !!! It is basically a Host Software Package for live performing keyboard players. Brainspawn is currently working on a 64bit version... soon to be released with even more capabilities. But the current 32-bit version is working great for me.

In FORTE, I am now able to flawlessly, integrate the Korg M50 into the mix of all my high-end VSTs. I can not tell you how cool this is !! Can you imagine how the M50 sounds with layering Spectrasonic's new Omnisphere or any other NI or 3rd party VSTi? WOW ! I am totally loving it. This is the 1st time a hardware synth (M50) is truely acting just like a VST instrument. In FORTE, the M50 becomes it's own sound module by automatically disabling "Local On" on the M50. The M50 is still my main controller keyboard, but I also use an MAudio Axium as my 2nd controller.

Then in FORTE, you can save various, custom "Scenes" (presets for songs) that you can instantly recall with all your program changes, splits, layers, etc for every single song. It commucates perfectly with the M50 instantly changing any settings you have tweaked in the M50 editor VST. FORTE does all the splits, layers, which controller your sending to, or which of any audio outputs you want to send to. The only thing you need to do in the M50 VST editor is find the program or combi that best fits your the preset your saving for that particular song.

Dont let the FORTE downloadable demo fool you... it is very limited. Once you get into the program and start using it you will find it is unbelievable! I am only an end user, I am not associated with Brainspawn in any way. I am just one, totally happy customer for both my new Korg M50 & FORTE.

I just thought it would be nice of me to pass along some very valueable information to this wonderful Korg M50 forum.

Andreuz
Andreuz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg M50 Editor - VSTi Plugin Integration Reply with quote

Brainspwan just released FORTE 2.0 It works fantastic with the Korg M50!
You can read about it here:

http://www.brainspawn.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=53

Dont let the demo fool you... the demo is very limited and does not
give a true picture of how powerful this software is.

In FORTE, I am now able to flawlessly, integrate the Korg M50 into the mix of all my high-end VSTs. I can not tell you how cool this is !! Can you imagine how the M50 sounds with layering Spectrasonic's new Omnisphere or any other NI or 3rd party VSTi? WOW ! I am totally loving it. This is the 1st time a hardware synth (M50) is truely acting just like a VST instrument. In FORTE, the M50 becomes it's own sound module by automatically disabling "Local On" on the M50. The M50 is still my main controller keyboard, but I also use an MAudio Axium as my 2nd controller.

Andreuz[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: