Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chordial - Jan 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Chordial - Jan 2009 Reply with quote

Guys,

Inspiration was a bit lacking through the month, and then a few days ago, it came. A very rushed job to get it this far by the deadline:

http://www.music.ferntill.com/osam/jan09.mp3

Cheers Simon
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the twangy guitar sound here. And the chords and melodies are very good. It's a nice break when the drums drop out, it really adds drama in moments like that. There are times when it seems the strumming is quicker than the beat. Maybe your next tune should be fast and let you really wail away on the ole rhythm. The recording sounds nice though, to my ears, the parts are very clear and audible and not conflicting really. Very nice. I know how hard it is to learn what you're doing and also how to record it properly. Good job.
album cover
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chordial,

I like the lead / melodic guitar. Nice song form as well. You definitely have your own style - and I like it, it comes through especially on the guitar playing has emotion / passion.

I do feel that the backdrop for your guitar playing isn't up to the level as your playing. Drums are too loopy - not enough variation. I was also wondering if an intro would be a nice addition as well.

Congrats on another OSAM (final one at that) down Smile

Cheers,

={> Art
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks George,
I need to spend more time on this and the other songs, really mixing them and re-adding parts. Hopefully that can be a project. The mix was done just before I posted it yesterday, I'm glad is sounded clear. I spent a while looking for the guitar sounds for this, tried so many different effects, and ended with with a plain rhythm sound, which didn't over power the rest of the parts.

Thanks Art,
I wanted to add some more varied percussion, but used one of the D1600 patterns for the timing, and ended up using that in the end. I really like the organic nature of the guitar, it's certainly changed my way of working this past year, although I have more work to do. I can still hear a few off notes, where the strings have been slightly moved off centre in the rhythm part.
Second osam, quite a year!
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chordial,

This seems rather more mature to me, than the past songs.... Much good in the progressions and the melodic content!! It is really quite romantic in flavor, and the minor key is a plus for that, in this case....

The guitar is indeed, as said, a great sound!! Love it...!! It has a real flavor of technique that feels good...... calls for a little "air guitar" when listened to....

Love the dropped percussion when you do it.... Perhaps it could do with more refinement...but to me it was good for the song...so take the others comments on that...

Great offering, and I enjoyed it very much!!!

John.. (ellll) Very Happy
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,

In the past months I've had ideas kicking about for a few weeks, or at least maybe a few chords that I liked.
This one was so different, I heard a song on the radio last week, and started to play around with something similar on the guitar.
It still sounds 'new' to me Smile

Cheers Simon
botega

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellow Cordial

that is a beautiful music, Pink Floyd directly comes to my mind.
i love the emotional Guitar parts, the Piano and Strings background are laying harmonically together giving a wide atmosphere to the song.

the overall feeling i get, is sadness mixed with hope, when it feels like hope comes in the Major end.

i apologise for my English
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi botega,

Thanks for having a listen, I am a Pink Floyd fan Smile

A few of these I've written this year have long endings, I suppose I wanted to develop the song is another direction, but this one was drawn out to signify the end of the song club year.

Good luck with osam this year!

Cheers Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: