Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arpeggiator not working correctly after saved in SX3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Arpeggiator not working correctly after saved in SX3 Reply with quote

I setup a sequence in SX3, two timbras have the same ARP1 (octave up). Played the sequence in SX3, works PERFECT in combi & Seq mode.
From SX3, I export the midi file, put it onto a SD card, open it in the M50 sequencer, everything works PERFECT, except the arpeggiator is NOT working.
The ARP button is lit (on), the arp is on both timbras I need to play it.
As I play the timbra on the key board, the ARP is working PERFECTLY!

As I hit play in SX3 (Cubase), it sends the midi data, the M50 plays just as recorded with ARP on.

I've tried it a bunch of times, trying different things, everytime the M50 won't play the ARP from it's own sequencer.

I must be over looking something simple.. I just can't understand how SX3 plays it perfect (Using the USB connection), but yet the EXACT same sequence will play correctly, except the ARP will not play even tho it's on.

Any help would be GREAT!! I need to have this complete before tomorrow afternoon for practice. I've messed with it for hours. All I need is the ARP to play what's there..

THANKS in advance!

Mike

PS: Or, is there a way to play the sequence in SX3, then somehow record the incoming Midi data directly into the M50 sequencer? That would work too.. Actually, save the hassle of the SD card from computer to M50.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried everything. I can NOT get this completed sequence into my M50. It works PERFECT from SX3!

When I export the midi file to SD card, everything works perfect, except the arpeggiator on one part (which includes 2 timbras). It's the only arpeggiator in the sequence.
This arp runs fast, trying to record this part on the M50 internal sequencer causes MAJOR issue.. Which is why I make it in SX3. WHen I turn the ARP off and record with it off, when I turn it back on, it just won't play the ARP, but yet when I hit the keys, it plays perfect.
Even if I go in sequence mode, play it from SX3, it plays perfect with the ARP.

It took me maybe 1/2 hour to assemble this sequence in SX3,,,, I've got over 10 hours just today trying to get it into the M50.

I haven't been able to get this type of thing to work ever on my rig. Other stuff I played with in SX3 (record with ARP on, it records into SX3 sequencer, plays the M50 perfect with the ARP, but save it to SD card, the ARP won't play.

The PG manual says you can "record from an external sequencer or sequencing program".
I have tried EVERYTHING to record from SX3 into the M50. I followed the directions EXACTLY step for step. Everytime same thing. The PG manual says to use midi in, so I even used a midi cord, thinking it was some odd issue with the usb connection,, and same thing, it plays PERFECT from SX3, but I can't record the sequence either way (USB nor Midi).

I even changed the definition (up & down) on the export from Sx3. I tried both type 1 & 0, still same thing.

I tried putting all the tracks on one, and all on separate, and a mixture, still same result, it plays perfect from SX3, but won't save over to an SD card with the ARP playing.

I played with every switch within Sx3 on the export screen, ALL 36 possible combinations, and still the same thing. I just can't believe it's SX3, or how can SX3 play the sequence, and the M50 plays it perfect with the ARP playing.

This is BY FAR the most frustrating issue I have EVER had with any copy song I have ever done.. And it only had 6 timbras, 2 of which have the same ARP (this is the only problem, the ARP is not working in sequence mode playing from the M50 internal sequence.

I really need this complete before 1pm tomorrow..
PLEASE help me!!!

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: