Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got my M50...very nice!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobetta518

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Just got my M50...very nice!! Reply with quote

Got a good deal from ZZounds.com on a 4 part pay plan at that..I had the M3 before and was worried if i would like this board. Other than Karma and loading samples it is a very nice board! The sonic quality is way above the Triton Extreme, especially the drums. I hope they keep adding sounds to download as well. I actually like the control layout on the board better than M3, it's like a 2009 M1! Also, i love the black design; for some reason, i didn't like the alpine color of m3, it bothers me, it was the same thing on my white macbook, i can't concentrate as much(strange) Anyway, the patches are very good, and bright and the thing is VERY light, i love this, but it AINT no toy! Only issue i had so far is i had to recalibrate my screen as upper menu button was hard to activate, but works good now. Overall, pretty happy with purchase,Garageband/Logic, m50 and my Motif XS are perfect team now!
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad ya like it! **On a totally different topic, be leary of ZZounds. They might have worked out good this time but I've heard horror stories. Next time maybe think about American Musical Supply, very respected, an extra year warranty on most everything for free and service like you wouldn't believe. They have a 5 payment plan on items over a grand, I don't know if you would have preferred that...

Back to the m50, I love it am not surprised you do as well!! I got myself into a bit of a jam though, I'm buying a Mint Triton Extreme today and which I will play I do not know. I couldn't pass up in the Extreme though, they are becoming rare and a mint one is very difficult to find. My Poor Karma will probably collect dust for a while, the TR surely will lol.

I haven't been this excited about keyboards since '88 when I had the M1!! I can barely contain myself!! Is it obvious??!?! Laughing

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
mobetta518

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya man, i was excited too when it arrived! It's funny you mention the extreme, I just got MINT triton extreme a week ago fully blown out with a MOSS board. However, now i am not sure i really need it, and i was considering selling it to put away some savings since the economy sucks so bad. Plus if i get tired of m50, i can use my XS. But now i dnt knw, i may wait it out. I definitely see now that i can not use the Extreme as an all in one unit, i would need a mpc or logic to use for drums....the M50 drums however, BANG! I guess the synthesis on the M3s/50s use better converters or sample rate idk but there is a distinct difference in quality; but have fun, dude!
pkpdjh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys. I am a jazz guy used to digital pianos like Yamaha P-90.

Now, I'm deep into the pop thing and the M50 was my first "real" synth. While I like some of the Yamaha Motif sounds better, the M50 was so much for so little. It inspires me and makes me want to learn all the tricks. So far, I haven't had to post too many questions to the forums because stuff is intuitive.

Korg really should push this thing as a great intro to electronic music.

I wish I had better independence between my hands, because now I have the keyboard to cover so many parts at once, but I can't play 'em all.

Good product. The keybed could be improved. The horn sounds are pretty bad. Other than that, I'm pretty impressed. So is my band.
FifthElement

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkpdjh wrote:
I'm with you guys. I am a jazz guy used to digital pianos like Yamaha P-90.

Now, I'm deep into the pop thing and the M50 was my first "real" synth. While I like some of the Yamaha Motif sounds better, the M50 was so much for so little. It inspires me and makes me want to learn all the tricks. So far, I haven't had to post too many questions to the forums because stuff is intuitive.

Korg really should push this thing as a great intro to electronic music.

I wish I had better independence between my hands, because now I have the keyboard to cover so many parts at once, but I can't play 'em all.

Good product. The keybed could be improved. The horn sounds are pretty bad. Other than that, I'm pretty impressed. So is my band.

Good to hear from another convert!

You didn't mention which model you have but as a jazz guy I would have assumed you went for the M50-88. But your comment on the keybed suggests you have the -61? The action on the 88 is superb IMO.

Fender Strat Plus Deluxe, Ibanez MESA, Line6 Variax, Line6 POD 2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: