Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somebody help me do this (if it's possible)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jugo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I needed that Smile

then, just one question, what is an envelope? Laughing
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Envelope (or Envelope Generator/EG) controls the overall shape of the sound. you typically have at least one (except on organs), that is used to control the amplitude. on most synths these days you will probably get at least one or maybe two free EGs that you can use to control any parameter you wish. if not, then an amount control for the first EG to the filter, or the filter may have its own EG.

a traditional synthesizer EG would have at least the Attack, Sustain, and Release parameters. typically you will also get a 'Decay' parameter too. The EGs on the M50 have more but you get the general idea (and you get a nice little graph on the M50 too, i believe).

the player hits a note
Attack sets the amount of time it takes for the parameter (lets say volume for now) to climb from zero to the maximum amplitude set by your overall level control.

Decay sets the amount of time that it takes for the parameter to fall from maximum to the level set by the 'Sustain' control.

The level will now sit at the Sustain level.

The player releases a key

The 'Release' parameter sets the amount of time it takes for the level to fall from the 'Sustain' level back to zero.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
StudioMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-1841856653263547%3Aeizsrb-eis2&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&q=subtractive+synthesis

I spent maybe 10 hours reading into it,, LEARNED A TON!! But TONS & TONS more to learn.

Everytime I make a new sound, I learn something.. Similar to everytime time I do a mix, I learn something.

Synths are AWESOME instruments, I forgot how cool they sound when live, recorded, whatever..

Spend a little time learning about synths in general, it still not easy to setup custom sounds, but at least it starts to make sense..

I hope this helps.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: